Nigerian singer Victor AD has debunked claims that he agreed to perform for free in order to receive a 3 Music award.
The ‘Weytin We Gain’ hitmaker was crowned ‘African Artiste of the Year’ at the 2019 edition of the event.
He beat Wizkid, Davido, Cassper Nyovest, Tiwa Savage, Burna Boy, Olamide and Mr. Eazi to win the award.
Just after receiving his plaque, he was handed a microphone to perform on the night.
This led some people to speculate that the artiste had exchanged his performance fee for an award.
Victor AD has, however, denied this claim, insisting he will never do such a thing.
“I don’t know anything about that. I never thought I was going to win the award anyway. When I came there, I just came to perform…the next thing I got to hear…Victor AD!... I was preparing for a performance and not an award…Never!” he told Maxwell Amoofia amidst laughter.
The artiste revealed that he enjoyed his moment on stage at the 3Music Awards and was happy for the great reception he received.
Victor AD announced that he is set to release songs featuring Kuami Eugene, Sister Afia, Teephlow, and other acts.
He also indicated that he will embark on a European tour soon as well as wrapping up preparations for an album.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled
- MUSIGA elections postponed to July 10
- Absolute Worship comes off July 7
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?