Host of Lunchtime Rhythms on Kumasi's most listened to English radio station, Luv FM, Anita Akua Kyerewaa Kuma, has emerged number three of 10 on-air personalities in Ghana for 2018.
She came behind Bernard Avle of Citi FM and Peace FM’s Kwame Sefa Kayi, in a ranking put together by the Business Insider, operators of Pulse Ghana.
Anita Kuma(3rd from left) on her graduation in 2005
Anita’s radio experience spans over 13- years after her tertiary education at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in 2005.
The former Wesley Girls High School alumni in Cape Coast has since established herself not only as the most elegant, graceful and exciting presenter but most listened to female mid-morning and lunchtime host in the Ashanti region.
Anita’s show runs from Monday-Friday 12:30 – 2 p.m
Her super-imposing smooth, soft but silky voice, is perhaps her greatest weapon to charm her listeners.
Citi FM’s Jessica Opare Saforo, Peace FM’s Kofi Kum Bilson, Joy FM’s Doreen Andoh and Okay FM’s Abeiku Santana follow Anita in the ranking.
The rest on the log are Joy FM’s Lexis Bill, Pure FM’s Kwame Adinkrah and Kwame Nkrumah Tikese of Okay FM who came in 8th, 9th and 10th respectively.
According to organisers, listeners enjoy listening to the personalities on how they handle issues on air.
“Listeners enjoy their grasp on issues and how they host the programs they anchor.
“These presenters have found a way to win the hearts of their listeners who even defend them when other people speak against them.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Rap battle round 1: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials
- Gospel musician arrested over HIV/AIDS cure claims
- Cardi B charged with strip club assault
- Video: Asamoah Gyan, Atsu, Owusu, others in ‘cheeky response train’
- Ghanaian TV personality to host 2019 BET Awards red carpet
- I don’t mind nude roles to serve a purpose—Ama K
- Joy FM's Cosmopolitan mix goes live with Kwanpa band
- Kalybos unveiled as ambassador for Geddit Ghana
- Thank you! Kuami Eugene appreciates KiDi for amazing verse
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 24): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ makes it to the top
- Court orders police to file Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale trial documents
- Patoranking explains why he allows nudity in videos