Richie Mensah, CEO of Lynx Entertainment has assured music enthusiasts and industry critics that singer MzVee is still with the label.
With a barrage of rumours trailing the label that the singer has exited, the renowned music producer says the singer is still a Lynx Entertainment signee.
Calming the hot storm that MzVee’s absence from active music has created, Richie told her fans that all was well at the label.
He told George Quaye and his pack of interrogators - Sadiq Abdulai Abu and Ola Michael - on Showbiz A-Z on Joy FM on Saturday that “MzVee is where she is supposed to be.”
Richie explained, “As much as celebrities, musicians, actors and everybody have offered up their lives for the public, sometimes we need to respect when somebody wants, for any particular reason, wants to take a step back.”
Turning to the substantive issue, the Lynx Entertainment CEO cleared the air that, “The reason we’ve not heard from MzVee it’s a personal reason for her and this is not something that Lynx will ever come out and communicate, it’s not something that she will communicate unless she is ready to communicate that.”
“But to answer all the rumours, ‘is MzVee pregnant? No, she is not’, ‘Is MzVee still with Lynx Entertainment? Yes, she is’, ‘Why has MzVee been quiet? That one, it's personal’,” he stressed
He, however, could not state if she has lost interest in doing music as being speculated.
“I can’t say she’s not shown disinterest in [doing] music because where she is right now, she is not in the space to be performing music professionally.”
For months now, there have been rumours that MzVee was pregnant and has subsequently quit music.
As the rumours began to grow, the singer in December last year denied rumours that she was pregnant and was getting married soon.
She explained that, while 2018 had been challenging, there was no truth in the rumours making the rounds.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news
- Give underground artistes slots on big shows – Rapper Ikroniq pleads