Ghanaian owned entertainment television channel 4Syte TV has been honoured as the “Music industry Pillar” of the Year at the just ended MUSIGA Presidential Grand Ball.
The citation was to acknowledge the immense efforts of 4Syte TV in promoting and improving the face of Ghana’s music industry through music videos, events and more.
The award was received by CEO of 4syte TV, Ignace Hego Kwame, who later told Journalist he was really excited by the special award.
“I feel so honoured. I am so proud of this award. For MUSIGA to recognize our efforts is really humbling. We are very grateful I would like to use this opportunity to thank the new artistes for believing in the 4syte brand. We couldn't have come this far without you.
This award signifies our effort to promote the young artistes. What we deal with is brand identity and recognition in the industry. I am so proud of this award", he said.
Ignace Hego Kwame took journalist down memory lane recounting how it all started.
"For example, there was Agiecoat who used to promote Buk Bak and shot the most expensive video for their Song "Gonga Barracks'. As time went on, all those promoters faded out and there was a rumour that they put such into the business and got nothing back or the artistes disrespected them".
According to Ignace, the challenge new artistes had to go through to come out with a song and video was too much for them. "At 4syte TV, we don't charge people for showing their videos. We only don't show videos that don't meet our standard."
"There is an example of a young artiste whose video was rejected because it didn't meet our standard, he was so disappointed. So I offered to shoot a video for him but he rejected it. It hit me so hard so went back to my people and came up with the idea of New Lords where we groom up-and-coming artistes whose videos don't meet our standards.
4syte TV's New Lords campaign took care of the likes of the late Ebony, Medikal, Kwesi Arthur and the others.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Kofi Kinaata advises against illegal fishing in new song
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory
- VGMA brawl: There is silver lining in the fracas – Francis Doku
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl
- Gov't to meet Shatta, Stonebwoy over feud – Tourism Minister
- Charterhouse disappointed after giving Shatta Wale a chance – CEO
- Creative Arts Ministry 'failed' to stop Shatta Wale Stonebwoy brawl - Minister
- VGMA@20: Stonebwoy not emotionally balanced to own gun - Sefa Kayi
- VGMA@20: MUSIGA condemns 'shameful behaviour' of Shata Wale, Stonebwoy
- VGMA@20 clash: Stonebwoy may be biggest loser – Ameyaw Debrah
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale have dented dancehall culture- Ambassador