On Good Friday, the day that Christ laid down his life to save mankind, listeners of the Super Morning Show on Joy FM woke up to a special edition of the show.
The Good Friday special edition of Ghana’s most influential breakfast show, hosted by Animwaa Anim Addo, treated discerning listeners to a mixed bag of information, good music and drama.
The silky smooth voice of talented gospel musician Luigi Maclean and the Love Gift kicked off the show’s amazing lineup for the morning.
They serenaded listeners to spirit-filled songs as the world, and Ghanaians, mark this all important day.
Known for his impressive verse on Joe Mettle’s smash hit song ‘Bo Noo Ni’, Luigi Maclean thrilled listeners with performances of songs like ‘Here I am to Worship’, ‘Worthy Is The Lamb’ and a sweet catalogue of local tunes.
His performance of ‘Bo Noo Ni’ was simply something else – it was out of this world!
With his head tilted up and eyes closed, Luigi Maclean immersed himself in the song and the outcome melted hearts.
After that performance, Globe Productions performed a radio drama by Latif Abubakar.
The drama was a special rendition of the last supper and the crucifixion of Christ.
Their hilarious rendition had elements like Invincible Forces, National Cathedral, Sobolo, Mobile Money, Sam George and the classic highlife tune, ‘Kyenkyen Bi Adi M'awu’.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Kinaata, Mama Zimbi, Capt. Smart, others wow fans as models
- Beyoncé, Meghan Markle finally meet at 'The Lion King' premiere
- Miss Ghana winners trend after being labelled "ugly"
- Why Yvonne Nelson won’t take up political office
- Video: Afia Pokua’s take on girls patronising ‘Mama Gee’s’ 'sexual enhancers'
- Being a first-time mum slowed me down – Yvonne Nelson
- ‘Strika' makes formal complaint against 'duping' handlers
- Support Patapaa he is talented – Kofi Kinaata
- Adom Fm Music Chart (Week 27): DopeNation tops chart with ‘Zanku’
- Video: Strika cries foul, accuses handlers of duping him
- If you are struggling in life, Stonebwoy has a song for you - Tuffseed
- Language barrier restricts my rap – Kofi Kinaata
- Davido, Chris Brown to collaborate on new song
- R. Kelly ‘arrested on federal sex charges,
- Tourism Authority partners The Multimedia Group for Miss Heritage Global