Adele has separated from her husband Simon Konecki, representatives for the singer have confirmed.
In a statement on Friday, they said the pair were "committed to raising their son together lovingly".
Adele gave birth to her son, Angelo, in 2012. The 30-year-old married Konecki, a charity entrepreneur, in 2016 after five years of dating.
The best-selling London-born artist is known for her chart-topping albums 19, 21 and 25.
The statement added that the pair were asking for privacy and there would be no further comment.
Adele and Simon Konecki married in secret in 2016
They married in secret and Adele first addressed the wedding publicly during an acceptance speech at the 2017 Grammys, where she thanked her "husband".
The singer's debut album, which was released in 2008 and featured hits including Chasing Pavements and Hometown Glory, reached number one in the UK.
She went on to win a string of awards and her follow-up, 21, topped the charts in 30 countries including the US and the UK.
Her third album, 25, sold a record-breaking 800,000 copies in its first week and became the best-selling album of 2015.
In March, Adele was pictured entering a recording studio in New York City, prompting speculation that she was working on new music.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Kofi Kinaata advises against illegal fishing in new song
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory
- VGMA brawl: There is silver lining in the fracas – Francis Doku
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl
- Gov't to meet Shatta, Stonebwoy over feud – Tourism Minister
- Charterhouse disappointed after giving Shatta Wale a chance – CEO
- Creative Arts Ministry 'failed' to stop Shatta Wale Stonebwoy brawl - Minister
- VGMA@20: Stonebwoy not emotionally balanced to own gun - Sefa Kayi
- VGMA@20: MUSIGA condemns 'shameful behaviour' of Shata Wale, Stonebwoy
- VGMA@20 clash: Stonebwoy may be biggest loser – Ameyaw Debrah
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale have dented dancehall culture- Ambassador