CEO of Black Avenue Muzik, Desmond Blackmore says any artiste that exits his label does so to their own detriment.
D-Black, who doubles as an artiste under the label, says his team is poised to see every signee excel by creating relationships that transcend professional boundaries.
Sharing his experience as a label boss on “The Gist” with JoyNews’ MzGee, D-Black disclosed that he had a five-year contract with each of his 7 signees – Freda Rhymz, Dahlin Gage, S3fa, Wisa, Kobla Jnr, Nina Ricchie and Osayo.
He noted that he signed these artistes out of passion and not necessarily to make money.
“Running a label is not really a money making venture. It is about helping those who couldn’t help themselves. I don’t think I earn more than 30 or 35% of anybody’s contract,” the rapper noted.
D-Black explained that “…we will go to church and we will pray, we will travel together when it doesn’t have anything to do with music, we will travel together, we will talk, I will bring people to come talk with you. You have access to so many things, you can come and spend the weekend at my house, we can do things that aren’t related to music just so you could feel comfortable as an artiste, not a lot people do that.”
He stressed that “If you leave because you don’t like the speed at which you are moving and there can be no other reason because really and truly my team works very hard and if you don’t appreciate the team and myself then it is your loss.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Tiwa Savage rents entire cinema for son to watch 'The Lion King'
- Language not a barrier in music – FRA! band
- Why we were not allowed to meet Akufo-Addo - Dark Suburb explains
- People want Miss Ghana queens to look like slay queens - Inna Patty
- Video: I’m not ugly, my mirror doesn’t tell me so - Miss Ghana 2019
- 2019 Golden Movie Awards: Full list of nominees released
- 5 honours, 26 competitive awards to be given out at 2019 Golden Movie Awards
- New video alert! - Rocky Dawuni premieres 'Elevation'
- Video: Shatta Wale explains why he is king
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'