CEO of Black Avenue Muzik, Desmond Blackmore says any artiste that exits his label does so to their own detriment.
D-Black, who doubles as an artiste under the label, says his team is poised to see every signee excel by creating relationships that transcend professional boundaries.
Sharing his experience as a label boss on “The Gist” with JoyNews’ MzGee, D-Black disclosed that he had a five-year contract with each of his 7 signees – Freda Rhymz, Dahlin Gage, S3fa, Wisa, Kobla Jnr, Nina Ricchie and Osayo.
He noted that he signed these artistes out of passion and not necessarily to make money.
“Running a label is not really a money making venture. It is about helping those who couldn’t help themselves. I don’t think I earn more than 30 or 35% of anybody’s contract,” the rapper noted.
D-Black explained that “…we will go to church and we will pray, we will travel together when it doesn’t have anything to do with music, we will travel together, we will talk, I will bring people to come talk with you. You have access to so many things, you can come and spend the weekend at my house, we can do things that aren’t related to music just so you could feel comfortable as an artiste, not a lot people do that.”
He stressed that “If you leave because you don’t like the speed at which you are moving and there can be no other reason because really and truly my team works very hard and if you don’t appreciate the team and myself then it is your loss.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- 3 Wills purportedly written by Aretha Franklin found in her home
- Video: Kofi Kinaata advises against illegal fishing in new song
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory
- VGMA brawl: There is silver lining in the fracas – Francis Doku
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl
- Gov't to meet Shatta, Stonebwoy over feud – Tourism Minister
- Charterhouse disappointed after giving Shatta Wale a chance – CEO
- Creative Arts Ministry 'failed' to stop Shatta Wale Stonebwoy brawl - Minister
- VGMA@20: Stonebwoy not emotionally balanced to own gun - Sefa Kayi
- VGMA@20: MUSIGA condemns 'shameful behaviour' of Shata Wale, Stonebwoy
- VGMA@20 clash: Stonebwoy may be biggest loser – Ameyaw Debrah