The reign of Medikal’s ‘Omo Ada’ at number one on the Adom FM Music Chart has come to an end.
The number four song in week 15 ‘Jama’ is number one. This DJ Mic Smith’s song featuring Patoranking and Shaker has been running up and down the charts since its first appearance on it.
The climb of this song to the number one spot proves how much Ghanaians love their morale ‘jama’ songs.
Senior high school students, university students, corporate people at outdoor events, everyone have their versions of jama.
Hence it is not surprising to see fans fall in love with DJ Mic’s song. Its popularity has kept it in the top five for a long time.
For six weeks, ‘Omo Ada’ has been number one and its constant play around the country made people love it the more.
But, the Medikal song has been dethroned and has taken over the second spot.
‘Kpo Keke’ by Stonebwoy gets to keep the number three spot. However, the regular play of the song across the country may push the song back to the number one spot.
Since its release, the song which features Medikal, DarkoVibes, Kelvyn Boy and Kwesi Arthur has already topped the charts six times.
‘W’asue Me’ by Obaapa Christy has moved back up into the top five. The song which was at number six has taken the fourth position.
‘Nothing I Get’ by Fameye made it to number two in week 15 after its third appearance on the chart. The song at number five this week only shows Ghanaians love for this song is still strong.
At number six is ‘Don’t Be Late’ by Kofi Mole.
Okyeame Kwame’s ‘Bra’ has moved from number 11 to number seven.
‘Chochomucho’ by Bless is at number eight and still in the top ten. Many fans of this song for some reason cannot believe they missed it in 2017 until it resurfaced last year. It is still getting a lot of airplay and does not look like it will die soon.
‘Mr. Badman’ by KiDi is two steps up from week 15’s position. The song is at number nine.
Ohemaa Mercy’s ‘Onim Me’ has also moved up to the tenth spot. Three moves up from its previous position.
DJ Vyrusky’s ‘Baby’, has dropped to number 11. The song features Shatta Wale, KiDi and Kuami Eugene.
Sarkodie’s 2019 release ‘I Know’ featuring Reekado Banks has also moved from number five to twelve.
‘Walaahi’ by Kuami Eugene is at number 13.
At number 14 is Dada Hafco’s ‘Fall Down’.
Samini’s ‘Rainbow’ is climbing the charts steadily. This week it is at number 15.
Debuting on the chart this week at number 16 is ‘Sure’ by Dadie Opanka featuring the 3Music’s ‘Music Woman of the Year’ winner, Adina.
Also making a first appearance on the charts at number 17 is ‘Bad Energy’ by Guru featuring Kwesi Swat.
Week 16’s third debut song is Kontihene’s ‘Tricks’. The song is at number 18.
Fancy Gadam’s ‘Only You’ featuring Kuami Eugene is holding on to the number 19 spot.
‘Strong Bond’ by DJ Bridash featuring Yaw Berk and King Maaga, is at number 20.
‘Never Again’ by Kofi Kinaata featuring Shatta Wale made an appearance on the charts in week 15 for the first time since its debut but it could not stay.
Medikal’s Ayekoo has also dropped out of the charts.
It looks like the journey of ‘Love you die’ by Andy Dosty featuring Kuami Eugene on the charts has ended.
Join Andy Dosty this and every Saturday at 12:30 pm, on the Adom Chart Show on Adom FM, to find out if ‘Jama’ by DJ Mic Smith will still hold on to number one or be dragged down.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory
- VGMA brawl: There is silver lining in the fracas – Francis Doku
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl
- Gov't to meet Shatta, Stonebwoy over feud – Tourism Minister
- Charterhouse disappointed after giving Shatta Wale a chance – CEO
- Creative Arts Ministry 'failed' to stop Shatta Wale Stonebwoy brawl - Minister
- VGMA@20: Stonebwoy not emotionally balanced to own gun - Sefa Kayi
- VGMA@20: MUSIGA condemns 'shameful behaviour' of Shata Wale, Stonebwoy
- VGMA@20 clash: Stonebwoy may be biggest loser – Ameyaw Debrah
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale have dented dancehall culture- Ambassador
- A nominee breached security protocol – Charterhouse explains VGMA brawl