Not once, not twice has he been accused of song theft; in fact, that seems to be the case with almost all the hit songs that Kuami Eugene has released since he came onto the music scene.
First, it was ‘Angela’, then ‘Confusion’ to ‘Wish Me Well’ and now he is being accused of stealing lyrics for his verse on the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) 2019 theme song.
The song, titled ‘Our Music Lives’, features the voices of Amandzeba, KiDi, Adina, Joe Mettle, Teephlow and Kuami Eugene.
According to reports on social media, the Aku Shika singer's verse was sampled from a song titled ‘Ragamuffin’ by a female Jamaican Dancehall artiste, Koffee.
However, when Showbiz caught up with him after his performance at the launch of Okyaeme Kwame’sMade In Ghana album last Saturday, April 20, Kuami Eugene said he was not fazed by the accusations.
“The things they say do not affect me in any way, I am not surprised at all. These are people who do the same thing to everybody even to their family members.
“They have done this to a lot of musicians, the Ofori Amponsahs and co have all had their share of these kinds of accusations so it is not really a big deal for me,” he said.
Moving on to talk about how he felt being featured on Okyeame Kwame’s album he said, “it feels really great. In fact, I’m not sure I would have been happy if I was not on it.
“He has been in the industry for 22 years and has done amazingly well, for himself as an artiste and with his brand; it is definitely an honour being on this album.”
Kuami Eugene, real name Eugene Kwame Marfo, who is signed to Lynx Entertainment, said he is overwhelmed by the love shown him in his short time in the limelight.
He was grateful to Lynx Entertainment for spotting his talent and signing him on.
“Lynx Entertainment came in at the right time and I must say that they have been very supportive of my career,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'
- Spanish hosts dance to highlife songs by Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue band
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain