The founder of 3Music Awards is of the strong conviction that dancehall artiste Shatta Wale has fallen out of favour with entertainment industry persons.
Sadiq Abdulai Abu noted that even though the controversial artiste bagged a total of eight awards at this year’s 3Music Awards, most industry persons did not vote for him.
According to him, Shatta Wale managed to win those laurels due to votes he garnered from the general public.
During the second edition of the 3Music Awards last Saturday, the dancehall artiste stunned many when he amassed eight awards on the night.
Shatta Wale’s ‘Gringo’ song was adjudged the ‘Viral Song of the Year’.
He also won ‘Reggae/Dancehall Song of the Year’, ‘Reggae/Dancehall Act of the Year’, ‘Digital Act of the Year’, ‘Video of the Year’ while his strong unflinching fan base - Shatta Movement - was adjudged ‘Fan Army of the Year’.
Shatta Wale’s smash hit, ‘My Level’ picked up the award for ‘Song of the Year’. He was also adjudged ‘Reggae/Dancehall Act of the Year’, ‘Music Man of the Year (Male Act of the Year) while ‘Gringo’ won ‘Video of the Year’.
Reacting to the huge public uproar that Shatta Wale’s win generated in the media and on social media, Mr. Sadiq said there was no foul play in the dancehall’s landslide.
“The public helped Shatta Wale win the awards, not the Board. He (Shatta Wale) didn’t get enough votes from the Board and Academy,” Sadiq told Andy Dosty in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM.
“Shatta Wale didn’t get enough votes from the Board and Academy, I plan to meet him to tell him that he’s no more winning the hearts of industry players so should work on it. Stonebwoy has massive industry love when it comes to Board and Academy voting, he gets lots of votes but Shatta amasses more votes from the public,” he added.
The 3Music Awards founder explained that the public had 60% of voting rights as compared to 40% rights of the Board/Academy.
Shatta Wale, reacting to Sadiq’s comments in a tweet, said, “Aaaahhhh now Ghana will know…no wonder Ghanaians will always vote for President and not Parliament. Funny industry...Like if u do shows don’t include the public errrhh @Hitz1039FM if Ibe public like ago win aaaa [sic].”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- 'Salma Feeds' feeds 1000 children Easter Sunday
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 16): DJ Mic Smith’s ‘Jama’ pushes 'Omo Ada' from number one spot
- Missing Taadi Girls: I'm sad but confident they will be found - Kofi Kinaata
- Okyeame Kwame, Samini join polio awareness campaign
- D-Black rejects Tinny’s request for collaboration?
- Song theft accusations don't move me - Kuami Eugene
- Mr. P of P-Square slept with my wife, broke my marriage – Diamond Plantnumz alleges
- Daasebere Dwamena ‘Wo Da Enda’ cover - Who nailed it?
- 'The 2 Pilots’ movie to be premiered April 26
- Video: You leave my label at your own loss – D-Black to signees
- Photos: Jim Iyke welcomes baby boy
- Photos: Okyeame Kwame dazzles at ‘Made in Ghana’ album launch
- 26 years of courtesy calls on Chief Imam in Photos
- Okyeame Kwame’s album launch, a truly Made-In-Ghana show
- Sarkodie celebrates mother’s birthday with lovely message, photos