Afrobeats artiste, Adina and Gospel musician, Obaapa Christy, are two of the female acts who are doing amazing on the music scene so there was excitement when they were put on the bill for the VGMA Nominees Jam.
However, the two were unable to perform at the show which came off in Kumasi in the Ashanti Region on Saturday, April 6.
According to Charterhouse, organisers of the event, this was due to some technical issues.
Obaapa Christy came on stage with her back up singers and band after nominees for the Unsung category had performed. But she went backstage after only a few minutes because her microphone was off and she never came back.
Adina, on the other hand, did not even perform and Communications Officer at Charterhouse, George Quaye, put it down to the technical challenges.
“The two artistes, we all know are very good at live band and we wanted them to show their prowess but due to technical hitches, they could not.
“Some cables that connected the instruments to the sound console got tampered with by the patrons. We all know that live band cannot be complete without sound,” he explained to Showbiz.
Mr Quaye added, “it’s unfortunate because they had prepared for this day, Obaapa was here earlier for dress rehearsals so I know she was geared up for her performance. We apologise to the fans and to the artistes as well.”
He also disclosed that Dancehall artiste, Stonebwoy’s performance had live band inclusive but he could not use it because of the hitches.
Apart from Stonebwoy, artistes like Kwaku Gyasi, Dopenation, Wendy Shay, OV, Drew, Shatta Wale, Flowking Stone, Lilwin and Yaa Pono also entertained the patrons.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album