South Africa Tourism has announced that it will reschedule this year’s Africa’s Travel Indaba.
This follows the State of the Nation address by President Cyril Rampahosa, who confirmed that May 8, 2019, will be the date for the national elections.
Indaba was scheduled to take place from May 6 to May 9 at the Inkosi Albert Luthuli International Convention Centre (ICC) in Durban.
The ICC also serves as the nerve centre for elections in the KwaZulu Natal province and takes priority over all other events.
“We are currently exploring all viable alternative options in light of the announcement of the election date,” said South African Tourism CEO, Sisa Ntshona.
“We also need to consult with our various partners and stakeholders and appreciate the understanding of our buyers, exhibitors and delegates who will now await a new date to attend Indaba.”
“We know the importance of Indaba to the travel industry and want to ensure that we are still are able to provide a world-class show despite having to change the date,” added Ntshona.
The Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA) also added their voice.
“With dates confirmed upfront, buyers and exhibitors would’ve planned around the original date. There are also other global shows during this period, but we would like to reassure the industry that despite the new date, Indaba will still be a fantastic show to attend and would like to encourage you to attend once the new date is confirmed,” explained TBCSA CEO, Tshifhiwa Tshivhengwa.
Indaba is Africa’s biggest travel and trade show with over 7,000 delegates from 80 countries attending last year’s event.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals
- Photos: John Mahama is ‘grandfather’, ‘daughter’ welcomes baby boy
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kwesi Arthur top nomination list
- My husband is the pillar of my life – Ohemaa Mercy
- Video/Photos: DJ Switch wows African leaders at AU headquarters
- I smoked because my family owned a marijuana farm – Pastor Abbeam