Rapper Awal of Talented Kids and Hitmaker fame has revealed he is in no way disappointed that his mentor Sarkodie has not signed him to the Sarkcess Music Label yet.
Speaking to Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, the talented young artiste said Sarkodie may have his plans and he [Awal] does not think being signed to the brand is a big deal.
“I don’t think Sarkodie signing me is going to be a big thing. If he signs me it’s good, if not its also fine and others can also sign me,” he stated.
Awal said he is not worried and certainly not jealous about Sarkodie signing Strongman who joined Sarkcess Music in March 2017.
He explained, “I felt happy for a brother [Strongman] and that also motivated me to work extra hard. Maybe Sarkodie has seen something in him that he has not seen in me, I only think I have to really work extra hard.”
Awal debunked rumors that he and the “Can’t Let You Go” singer are not on good terms.
Awal stated he is surprised about some of the rumors people have created surrounding his relationship with Sarkodie.
“We are still close and have a good relationship. To me, that’s all that matters,” he added.
The young artiste said, “I am working on a new song and I have sent him [Sarkodie] the song for him to do a verse for me.”
He said that contrary to the rumours he has no diss song about Sarkodie. “Sometimes I do a freestyle and put it on my page. The bloggers will take it and say Awal is throwing jabs at Sarkodie. Maybe they do it for traffic. The rumours out there are not true.”
“I think Sarkodie is cool,” he added.
Awal said even though he does not work under any label yet, he has a team that is helping him put some singles out there and are heling to build his brand.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals
- Photos: John Mahama is ‘grandfather’, ‘daughter’ welcomes baby boy
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kwesi Arthur top nomination list
- My husband is the pillar of my life – Ohemaa Mercy
- Video/Photos: DJ Switch wows African leaders at AU headquarters
- I smoked because my family owned a marijuana farm – Pastor Abbeam