Ghanaian musician, MOG has been nominated for two prestigious gospel music awards.
Known in real life as Pastor Nana Yaw Boakye-Yiadom, the musician received nominations in the 2019 editions of the Africa Gospel Awards and Maranatha Global Worship Music Awards.
The musician, who has over a decade on stage and three albums as a contemporary gospel artiste, has seen a lot of recognition in recent times since releasing his third and latest album titled the ‘Better Me’. The album was recorded under the auspices of the ‘Apostle General’, Most Rev. Sam Korankye Ankrah in February 2018 of Royalhouse Chapel International.
‘Belifted’, from the album, has been nominated by the Africa Gospel Awards Festival (AGAFEST 19) as 'The Africa Gospel Worship Song of The Year' while ‘Better Me’ has been nominated by the Maranatha Global Worship Music Awards in Kenya for:
i. Outstanding Adoration Song
ii. Outstanding Supplication/Petition Song
iii. Outstanding Collaboration Song
MOG himself has been nominated for Outstanding Male Minister for the year 2019.
To vote for ‘Belifted’ in AGAFEST 19, visit www.Africa gospel awards.org or dial *713*714#, select Africa Gospel Worship Song of the Year, Scroll and select Belifted - MOG (Ghana), key in the number of votes and follow the rest of the prompts.
The voting procedure for the Maranatha Global Worship Music Awards can be found on Instagram via the handle @mogmusicgh.
Apart from ‘Belifted’, the ‘Better Me’ features spirit-filled songs such as, ‘Elohim’, ‘Awesome God’, ‘I Am Blessed’, which featured Michael Stackey from USA, ‘Wosa Ayeyi’ which featured Nii Okai from Ghana and, ‘Grace’ featuring Kingz Kid from Ghana.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- The club of 8 Ghanaian stars to have entered Billboard Chart in 48 years
- FRA! Band, Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue Highlife to tour Spain after winning ‘Vis a Vis’
- Video: Hitz FM’s DJ Bridash drops visuals for ‘Strong Bond’
- Media professionals to vote for 3Music Awards nominees
- Don’t call me Obrafour again, says veteran hiplife artiste
- Obrafour set to celebrate 20 years of ‘Pae Mu Ka’ album with a concert
- Female celebs benefit more in entertainment industry – Ecow Smith-Asante
- US-based Ghanaian rapper handed 15-year sentence
- Photos/Video: Lil Win electrifies Adom ‘Kolor Paaty’
- Davido, others escape air mishap
- Michael Jackson's daughter rubbishes claim she attempted suicide
- Nigeria elections: Desmond Elliot wins Surulere1 Constituency
- 'I had breasts': Sam Smith on having liposuction at 12
- Video: Some people held prayer sessions to cast out rap ‘demon’ from me – Eno
- Bring back extracurricular activities to help unearth talents - Oscar Provencal