The acting profession in Africa has generally been seen as a profession for promiscuous individuals.
The Nigerian movie industry, Nollywood, is not left out of this misconstrued belief.
The female folks in the industry are however on the receiving end in this.
From dressing seductively, to romantic gestures, to kissing, fondling and partying to the camera, actresses are always seen as prostitutes.
Rumoured link ups of actresses to politicians over time have also not helped matters.
Little wonder a good number of up-and-coming and veteran actresses have confessed to have found it quite difficult convincing their parents of their passion for the craft and not the promiscuity the industry has been labelled with.
The recent outburst of screen diva, Tonto Dike, after she allegedly caught an actress with her best friend’s husband on a trip in Dubai has added more icing to the cake.
The actress who was pained took to her Instagram page to bear her grievances.
“God please we are ready, please blow the trump. How can you leave your wife in Nigeria and bring her actress best friend on a trip to Dubai? Women I wish you all see the men we marry. I am livid.
“If anyone calls my phone, I will expose you! To the actress, you need to be burned alive. After all the famzing with his wife, you betray her in such a way. No wonder they say we are prostitutes,” she ranted.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory
- VGMA brawl: There is silver lining in the fracas – Francis Doku
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl
- Gov't to meet Shatta, Stonebwoy over feud – Tourism Minister
- Charterhouse disappointed after giving Shatta Wale a chance – CEO
- Creative Arts Ministry 'failed' to stop Shatta Wale Stonebwoy brawl - Minister
- VGMA@20: Stonebwoy not emotionally balanced to own gun - Sefa Kayi
- VGMA@20: MUSIGA condemns 'shameful behaviour' of Shata Wale, Stonebwoy
- VGMA@20 clash: Stonebwoy may be biggest loser – Ameyaw Debrah
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale have dented dancehall culture- Ambassador
- A nominee breached security protocol – Charterhouse explains VGMA brawl