Catherine Ablema Afeku has been axed as the Minister of Tourism, Culture and Creative Arts.
The decision to move her from the Tourism Ministry was made known as part of changes President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is making to his government Thursday.
In a statement signed by Eugene Arhin, Director of Communications at the Presidency, Catherine Afeku is now a Minister of State at the Office of the President, assigned to the Office of the Senior Minister.
Barbara Oteng Gyasi
The Minister-designate for the Tourism, Culture and Creative Arts is Barbara Oteng Gyasi, Member of Parliament for Prestea Huni-Valley constituency.
She was the former Deputy Minister for Lands and Natural Resources.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'
- Spanish hosts dance to highlife songs by Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue band
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons