Ed Sheeran couldn’t be “Happier”!
The pop star, 28, and his longtime girlfriend Cherry Seaborn, 26, were married in December, The Sun‘s Dan Wootton reports.
The newlyweds reportedly tied the knot at their home in Suffolk, England in front of 40 friends and family members.
“Ed got married a few days before Christmas. It was very quiet – just Ed’s oldest school pals, limited family and the priest,” the paper reports. “He wanted no fuss and he wanted it to be something entirely for them – just a tiny winter wedding … Neither of them were that fussed about making a big deal about it.”
The Sun reports the pair is planning a larger celebration their wider group of friends in the summer.
Ed Sheeran and Cherry Seaborn
A rep for Sheeran could not be reached for comment.
Sheeran first met Seaborn at school when he was 11 — but their relationship didn’t turn romantic until the summer of 2015 when they reconnected and shared their first date at Taylor Swift‘s annual Fourth of July fête.
“I went to Taylor’s 4th of July party. I was texting [Seaborn], and she was like, ‘I’m in Rhode Island at a 4th of July party,’ and I was like, ‘So am I.’ I kinda said to Taylor, ‘Can I invite one of my old schoolmates?’” Sheeran previously told PEOPLE of the fateful party. “The rest is history.”
Indeed, the couple’s relationship soon grew serious.
Ed Sheeran and Cherry Seaborn
“This has been the first time I’ve actually had the time to fall in love properly,” Sheeran told Zane Lowe on Beats 1 Radio in 2017. “I’ve probably had three days apart from her in the last year … but we’re very, very strong. I’ve never been happier. I’ve never been more comfortable. I’ve never been more inspired. I feel like everything’s fallen into place.”
“Got myself a fiancée just before new year,” the Grammy winner wrote on Instagram. “We are very happy and in love, and our cats are chuffed as well xx.”
Before their wedding, Sheeran submitted a planning application to build his own chapel on their Suffolk, England, estate, which they share with their cats Dorito and Calippo.
“It is every person’s right to be able to have a place to retreat for contemplation and prayer, for religious observance, celebration of key life and family milestones, marriages, christenings and so forth,” Sheeran wrote in the paperwork, which was ultimately rejected.
So, now that they’ve reportedly tied the knot, when will Sheeran and Seaborn expand their family?
“I actually think the meaning of life is to start a family and pass on knowledge to them and be loved and be loving, so that is definitely on the cards,” Sheeran told PEOPLE in 2017. “But not any time soon.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Media professionals to vote for 3Music Awards nominees
- Don’t call me Obrafour again, says veteran hiplife artiste
- Obrafour set to celebrate 20 years of ‘Pae Mu Ka’ album with a concert
- Female celebs benefit more in entertainment industry – Ecow Smith-Asante
- US-based Ghanaian rapper handed 15-year sentence
- Photos/Video: Lil Win electrifies Adom ‘Kolor Paaty’
- Davido, others escape air mishap
- Michael Jackson's daughter rubbishes claim she attempted suicide
- Nigeria elections: Desmond Elliot wins Surulere1 Constituency
- 'I had breasts': Sam Smith on having liposuction at 12
- Video: Some people held prayer sessions to cast out rap ‘demon’ from me – Eno
- Bring back extracurricular activities to help unearth talents - Oscar Provencal
- Obra-Fofro: Check out Obrafour’s new photos
- Boiler room x Ballantine’s True Music Africa is coming to Accra
- Prof J. H. Nketia was nationalistic; he inspired many - Prof John Collins