Ed Sheeran couldn’t be “Happier”!
The pop star, 28, and his longtime girlfriend Cherry Seaborn, 26, were married in December, The Sun‘s Dan Wootton reports.
The newlyweds reportedly tied the knot at their home in Suffolk, England in front of 40 friends and family members.
“Ed got married a few days before Christmas. It was very quiet – just Ed’s oldest school pals, limited family and the priest,” the paper reports. “He wanted no fuss and he wanted it to be something entirely for them – just a tiny winter wedding … Neither of them were that fussed about making a big deal about it.”
The Sun reports the pair is planning a larger celebration their wider group of friends in the summer.
Ed Sheeran and Cherry Seaborn
A rep for Sheeran could not be reached for comment.
Sheeran first met Seaborn at school when he was 11 — but their relationship didn’t turn romantic until the summer of 2015 when they reconnected and shared their first date at Taylor Swift‘s annual Fourth of July fête.
“I went to Taylor’s 4th of July party. I was texting [Seaborn], and she was like, ‘I’m in Rhode Island at a 4th of July party,’ and I was like, ‘So am I.’ I kinda said to Taylor, ‘Can I invite one of my old schoolmates?’” Sheeran previously told PEOPLE of the fateful party. “The rest is history.”
Indeed, the couple’s relationship soon grew serious.
Ed Sheeran and Cherry Seaborn
“This has been the first time I’ve actually had the time to fall in love properly,” Sheeran told Zane Lowe on Beats 1 Radio in 2017. “I’ve probably had three days apart from her in the last year … but we’re very, very strong. I’ve never been happier. I’ve never been more comfortable. I’ve never been more inspired. I feel like everything’s fallen into place.”
“Got myself a fiancée just before new year,” the Grammy winner wrote on Instagram. “We are very happy and in love, and our cats are chuffed as well xx.”
Before their wedding, Sheeran submitted a planning application to build his own chapel on their Suffolk, England, estate, which they share with their cats Dorito and Calippo.
“It is every person’s right to be able to have a place to retreat for contemplation and prayer, for religious observance, celebration of key life and family milestones, marriages, christenings and so forth,” Sheeran wrote in the paperwork, which was ultimately rejected.
So, now that they’ve reportedly tied the knot, when will Sheeran and Seaborn expand their family?
“I actually think the meaning of life is to start a family and pass on knowledge to them and be loved and be loving, so that is definitely on the cards,” Sheeran told PEOPLE in 2017. “But not any time soon.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme
- You can be a star today but a criminal tomorrow - Gemann to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control