Rapper Kontihene says it will be very disrespectful for anyone to place a monetary value on music maestro, Kojo Antwi’s talent.
Due to this, the ‘Esi’ hit rapper noted that it is always difficult for artistes who work with the music legend to pay him.
“You can’t pay Kojo Antwi. When it comes to music, I don’t think Kojo Antwo is too obsessed with money. You can’t pay him, it will be a sign of disrespect,” Kontihene told Andy Dosty in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM Monday.
Born Emmanuel Nana Appiah Boateng, the rapper buttressed his point by quizzing, “How much can you pay him? No, you can’t pay for his talent.”
Kontihene is one of the lucky few who featured on ‘Me Dee Ne Wo A’, one of Kojo Antwi’s hit songs.
While counting it as a blessing to work with the Mr Music Man. The music legend helped produce the rapper’s ‘Migizigi’ hit song.
“….All the people that he has worked with, I’ve never seen or heard anybody say that they’ve heard anybody saying that Kojo Antwi took this from me,” he noted.
Undoubtedly one of Ghana’s most respect musicians, Kojo Antwi is no new customer to quality and excellence.
His songs, for decades, have pierced hearts with joy and most often, his shows have become the love haven for many. They are always a never miss event.
These qualities are just but a few of the many gifts the Mr Music Man will come baring on February 14 at Joy FM’s Lovers Dinner Dance.
The love celebration event, put together by the only station that has your heart at heart, Joy FM, will celebrate love in the most blissful atmosphere – a very intimate one too.
On February 14, Valentine’s Day, the Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City will come alive as hundreds of couples will dance to classic tunes like ‘ Amirika’, ‘Nfa Me Nko Ho’, ‘Densu’, ‘Adiepena’, ‘Me Dee Ne Wo A’, ‘Odo Ano Wappi’, ‘Medofo Pa’, ‘Dadie Anoma’, ‘Me Nya Ntaban A’ and host of others from the music maestro.
Patrons to the never to miss the event will enjoy a night of good music, which is a blend of Ghanaian highlife, Congolese soukous, Caribbean lovers rock, with a dash of African American soul and R&B.
For a cool ¢800 per couple - dressed in anything nice with a touch of red -, a cliquey atmosphere of music, good food, drinks and people awaits lovers on Valentine’s Day with Mr Music Man.
Tickets are currently on sale at the Front Desk of Joy FM or call 0302216540.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- The club of 8 Ghanaian stars to have entered Billboard Chart in 48 years
- FRA! Band, Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue Highlife to tour Spain after winning ‘Vis a Vis’
- Video: Hitz FM’s DJ Bridash drops visuals for ‘Strong Bond’
- Media professionals to vote for 3Music Awards nominees
- Don’t call me Obrafour again, says veteran hiplife artiste
- Obrafour set to celebrate 20 years of ‘Pae Mu Ka’ album with a concert
- Female celebs benefit more in entertainment industry – Ecow Smith-Asante
- US-based Ghanaian rapper handed 15-year sentence
- Photos/Video: Lil Win electrifies Adom ‘Kolor Paaty’
- Davido, others escape air mishap
- Michael Jackson's daughter rubbishes claim she attempted suicide
- Nigeria elections: Desmond Elliot wins Surulere1 Constituency
- 'I had breasts': Sam Smith on having liposuction at 12
- Video: Some people held prayer sessions to cast out rap ‘demon’ from me – Eno
- Bring back extracurricular activities to help unearth talents - Oscar Provencal