Rapper Kontihene says it will be very disrespectful for anyone to place a monetary value on music maestro, Kojo Antwi’s talent.
Due to this, the ‘Esi’ hit rapper noted that it is always difficult for artistes who work with the music legend to pay him.
“You can’t pay Kojo Antwi. When it comes to music, I don’t think Kojo Antwo is too obsessed with money. You can’t pay him, it will be a sign of disrespect,” Kontihene told Andy Dosty in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM Monday.
Born Emmanuel Nana Appiah Boateng, the rapper buttressed his point by quizzing, “How much can you pay him? No, you can’t pay for his talent.”
Kontihene is one of the lucky few who featured on ‘Me Dee Ne Wo A’, one of Kojo Antwi’s hit songs.
While counting it as a blessing to work with the Mr Music Man. The music legend helped produce the rapper’s ‘Migizigi’ hit song.
“….All the people that he has worked with, I’ve never seen or heard anybody say that they’ve heard anybody saying that Kojo Antwi took this from me,” he noted.
Undoubtedly one of Ghana’s most respect musicians, Kojo Antwi is no new customer to quality and excellence.
His songs, for decades, have pierced hearts with joy and most often, his shows have become the love haven for many. They are always a never miss event.
These qualities are just but a few of the many gifts the Mr Music Man will come baring on February 14 at Joy FM’s Lovers Dinner Dance.
The love celebration event, put together by the only station that has your heart at heart, Joy FM, will celebrate love in the most blissful atmosphere – a very intimate one too.
On February 14, Valentine’s Day, the Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City will come alive as hundreds of couples will dance to classic tunes like ‘ Amirika’, ‘Nfa Me Nko Ho’, ‘Densu’, ‘Adiepena’, ‘Me Dee Ne Wo A’, ‘Odo Ano Wappi’, ‘Medofo Pa’, ‘Dadie Anoma’, ‘Me Nya Ntaban A’ and host of others from the music maestro.
Patrons to the never to miss the event will enjoy a night of good music, which is a blend of Ghanaian highlife, Congolese soukous, Caribbean lovers rock, with a dash of African American soul and R&B.
For a cool ¢800 per couple - dressed in anything nice with a touch of red -, a cliquey atmosphere of music, good food, drinks and people awaits lovers on Valentine’s Day with Mr Music Man.
Tickets are currently on sale at the Front Desk of Joy FM or call 0302216540.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory
- VGMA brawl: There is silver lining in the fracas – Francis Doku
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl
- Gov't to meet Shatta, Stonebwoy over feud – Tourism Minister
- Charterhouse disappointed after giving Shatta Wale a chance – CEO
- Creative Arts Ministry 'failed' to stop Shatta Wale Stonebwoy brawl - Minister
- VGMA@20: Stonebwoy not emotionally balanced to own gun - Sefa Kayi
- VGMA@20: MUSIGA condemns 'shameful behaviour' of Shata Wale, Stonebwoy
- VGMA@20 clash: Stonebwoy may be biggest loser – Ameyaw Debrah
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale have dented dancehall culture- Ambassador
- A nominee breached security protocol – Charterhouse explains VGMA brawl