Music producer, Ronald Banful, popularly called Guilty Beatz, has revealed his hit song “Akwaaba” was a cry to be recognised in the music industry.
Speaking on the Cosmopolitan Mix on Joy FM Tuesday, the beatmaker said he was disappointed when he went unnoticed for all the productions he was doing.
The music producer, known for the song “Akwaaba,” first produced Chase’s "Tell Me Your Name" and followed it up with Jesse Jagz and Wizkid’s "Bad Girl,” Efya’s "Getaway" and some of his songs like “Chance” with Mr. Eazi.
However, Guilty Beatz said even though he was overwhelmed, these works of his were hit songs. People still did not know the man behind the production, him.
“Every time I produced for an artiste, I was hardly noticed. I can produce a hit song like I did with the Jesse Jags and Wizkid track (Bad Girl), still, nobody knew who I was,” he told Doreen Andoh.
Guilty Beatz said he was facing some challenges when his work was not being recognised.
“The most challenging thing was when artistes you have produced songs for, let another producer reproduce everything you have done without your knowledge,” he said.
He stated, it was frustrating for him when some of those artistes did not pay him but also took the beats he created to already known producers to reproduce them.
“It was bringing me down so I stayed away from the big stars and started doing beats for some of my friends,” he explained.
Guilty Beatz stated, “when I produced ‘Akwaaba’, I decided to put my name first before everyone else’s.”
He explained, “after the song hit, I was like okay now people know my name, they don’t really know the face which is alright, at least they know the name.”
“So now if artistes are coming to me, they know they’re coming to a big producer, they will not take the beat and go to another producer to reproduce,” he added.
The beatmaker said, “Akwaaba came from my heart; it was a build up for not being accepted, the suffering and being pushed to the background.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Music Producer, Kaywa ordained man of God
- Oscars 2019: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Okyeame Kwame, wife present third edition of ‘Flaunt Your Lover’
- Let’s cast our nets wider when booking artistes for shows – Tic
- Video: Meet #empawa100 final ten artistes
- Drake buys $400,000 diamond encrusted iPhone case
- Cwesi Oteng elated to have presented latest album to Akufo-Addo
- Donald Trump retweets viral video of woman juggling football
- John Dumelo reacts to ‘predatory and gross’ hugging of Legon students
- Video/Photos: Celestine Donkor thrills in first Drive Time Live Concert
- Video: Stonebwoy to headline Independence Concert
- Video: Our leaders are selfish - Don Little
- Jussie Smollett had no role in own attack, lawyers say
- Video: Young rapper takes on politicians, police, slay queens in freestyle rap
- NYPD investigating commander accused of telling officers to shoot 50 Cent