The Minister of Tourism, Arts, and Culture, Catherine Afeku has revealed actor Bill Asamoah is the new Ambassador for Tourism in Ghana.
The minister in a Facebook post revealed the actor was unanimously nominated by members of Kumawood [the local movie industry] after months of deliberation.
The actor took his appointment letter as Tourism Ambassador on Wednesday, February 6.
Madam Afeku stated, “Speaking with Bill, he revealed he was going to ensure the promotion of Ghana to the world through quality movies, and enhance the business aspect of film making to attract investors.”
Bill Asamoah is also the President for the Ashanti Regional Chapter of the Ghana Actors Guild. The actor is known for his roles in Kumawood movies like Sundiata, Kae (Remember) and The Mighty One.
According to the minister, Mr. Asamoah also intends to promote Government policies and agenda through Ghanaian films.
In 2017, the Ghana Tourism Authority under the auspices of the Tourism Ministry unveiled 30 ambassadors from different aspects of the creative industry to spearhead the “See Ghana, Eat Ghana, Wear Ghana, Feel Ghana” campaign.
Some of these ambassadors included, SP Kofi Sarpong, Fancy Gadam, D-Black, Reggie and Bollie, Nana Ampadu, Agya Koo, Okyeame Kwame, Sena Degadu and Lucky Mensah.
Madam Afeku, said the aim of the Tourism Ambassador programme, was to partner influential persons to help drive tourism growth in and outside the country.
In her Facebook post, she assured Bill Asamoah, the Nana Addo-led government has not neglected the people of Kumasi in terms of Tourism, Arts and Culture development.
“We are trying our very best to make the industry attractive for both local and foreign investors to want to invest,” she added.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I won't invite 'people' to my wedding – Lilwin
- Steve Bedi to headline PAMA Festival 2019
- Ben Brako tops Global Music Charts with 'Shame and Scandal'
- Bible isn't against Marijuana, stop preaching against it – Rev. Abbeam
- Burna Boy deserved his BET award – Davido
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled