Musician Wendy Addo, known in the entertainment industry as Wendy Shay, says she does not mind following the footsteps of the late Ebony Reigns.
According to the musician, the late Ebony Reigns is a legend and therefore does not have a problem with people comparing her to the late dancehall musician.
“Ebony did a very good thing when she was alive so I definitely don’t see anything wrong with me looking at her footsteps to do mine because she is a legend
“It’s fine and it’s okay when people compare me to Ebony, I just wish after some time we will let her name rest,” she stated.
Wendy Shay also reiterated that she is under the same record label as the late Ebony and that she is continuing her good works.
“You know we are on the same record label, we had the same songwriter and I just want to say she did a very good job so continuing what she started is okay but am not copying her style,” she added.
Currently, Wendy Shay can be described as one of the hottest and vibrant female musicians and is hoping to win the ‘New Artiste of the Year’ category at the yet-to-be-held Ghana Music Awards.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals
- Photos: John Mahama is ‘grandfather’, ‘daughter’ welcomes baby boy
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kwesi Arthur top nomination list
- My husband is the pillar of my life – Ohemaa Mercy
- Video/Photos: DJ Switch wows African leaders at AU headquarters
- I smoked because my family owned a marijuana farm – Pastor Abbeam