As Ghanaians mark the first anniversary of the passing of late singer Ebony Reigns on February 8, her father is wishing the date is expunged from time.
Nana Opoku Kwarteng marking the first anniversary of his daughter’s passing said it was his solemn hope that the date will not even exist.
Ebony was killed in a gory accident on the Sunyani-Kumasi highway after visiting her mother on February 8.
Her childhood friend and assistant, Franky Kuri, and their bodyguard also died in the crash. She was laid to rest on March 24 at the Osu Cemetary.
Mr Kwarteng, popularly known as Starboy Kwarteng, remembering his daughter in a video said February 8 is a very difficult day for him.
“Today is a very difficult day and like I’ve said already if I had my way, if I had the power, today will be deleted from the books of time,” he said.
Mr Kwarteng, who wore a red Lacoste top with a badge of his daughter’s image, added that “8th February is the first anniversary, being today, of my late child Ebony Reigns.
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Okyeame Kwame dazzles at ‘Made in Ghana’ album launch
- 26 years of courtesy calls on Chief Imam in Photos
- Okyeame Kwame’s album launch, a truly Made-In-Ghana show
- Sarkodie celebrates mother’s birthday with lovely message, photos
- Non-stop live band performance rocks Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Video: Lil Win charms crowd at MTN-Adom Kwahu Mega Street Bash
- Photos: Families receive fresh life at Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Tinny says 'whack' rapper comment was for hype – D Black
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype
- I wish Trigmatic were my biological son – Aka Blay
- Adele splits from husband Simon Konecki
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning