Actor Prince David Osei is not enthused about the visit by some Hollywood stars to Ghana during the festive season.
He is of the view that the stars should have engaged stakeholders in the Ghanaian creative industry to share ideas.
Ghana was recently named 4th on the CNN’s list of perfect holiday destinations in the world.
It was therefore not surprising that the spotlight was on Ghana in December 2018, when top Hollywood stars including Boris Kodjoe, Idris Elba and top model Naomi Campbell among others, visited the country.
However, Ghanaian movie actor and producer Prince David Osei does not share the raw excitement of most Ghanaians regarding the visit of these stars.
Speaking to Citi TV, the actor said, “I want to find out if the Ministry of Tourism is behind the Hollywood stars coming to Ghana, being in the creative arts and coming from the creative arts, I didn’t see when we got to interact with the so-called Hollywood stars who came to town.”
“I feel if it is a way of boosting tourism they are all in the creative arts industry, they are musicians and actors, so if they come to town we need to interact with them to share expertise and aside that we should have had a workshop. Of what benefit is it to us the actors and the musicians here in Ghana when at the end of the day we saw them at the beach having parties, popping champagne and drinking with some being enstooled as chiefs but we never got to engage them,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Patapaa's #Skopatumana challenge hits the internet
- I never begged D-Black for collaboration - Tinny
- 'Salma Feeds' feeds 1000 children Easter Sunday
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 16): DJ Mic Smith’s ‘Jama’ pushes 'Omo Ada' from number one spot
- Missing Taadi Girls: I'm sad but confident they will be found - Kofi Kinaata
- Okyeame Kwame, Samini join polio awareness campaign
- D-Black rejects Tinny’s request for collaboration?
- Song theft accusations don't move me - Kuami Eugene
- Mr. P of P-Square slept with my wife, broke my marriage – Diamond Plantnumz alleges
- Daasebere Dwamena ‘Wo Da Enda’ cover - Who nailed it?
- 'The 2 Pilots’ movie to be premiered April 26
- Video: You leave my label at your own loss – D-Black to signees
- Photos: Jim Iyke welcomes baby boy
- Photos: Okyeame Kwame dazzles at ‘Made in Ghana’ album launch
- 26 years of courtesy calls on Chief Imam in Photos