Actor Prince David Osei is not enthused about the visit by some Hollywood stars to Ghana during the festive season.
He is of the view that the stars should have engaged stakeholders in the Ghanaian creative industry to share ideas.
Ghana was recently named 4th on the CNN’s list of perfect holiday destinations in the world.
It was therefore not surprising that the spotlight was on Ghana in December 2018, when top Hollywood stars including Boris Kodjoe, Idris Elba and top model Naomi Campbell among others, visited the country.
However, Ghanaian movie actor and producer Prince David Osei does not share the raw excitement of most Ghanaians regarding the visit of these stars.
Speaking to Citi TV, the actor said, “I want to find out if the Ministry of Tourism is behind the Hollywood stars coming to Ghana, being in the creative arts and coming from the creative arts, I didn’t see when we got to interact with the so-called Hollywood stars who came to town.”
“I feel if it is a way of boosting tourism they are all in the creative arts industry, they are musicians and actors, so if they come to town we need to interact with them to share expertise and aside that we should have had a workshop. Of what benefit is it to us the actors and the musicians here in Ghana when at the end of the day we saw them at the beach having parties, popping champagne and drinking with some being enstooled as chiefs but we never got to engage them,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I’m not arrogant my swag is just different - Tinny
- Mr Eazi doesn't own a car, he uses Uber
- Chris Brown arrested in Paris after rape allegation
- Beyoncé and Jay Z To visit Ghana?
- ‘I wanted to throw up’ - Ghana’s youngest pilot shares maiden flight experience
- There’s no beef between Medikal and I – Kuami Eugene
- Afro-beats musician Skye Brain releases new single ‘The Soul Grind’
- A night of talent, surprises await patrons at Joy FM’s Open Mic Friday
- Don’t date for too long - MzVee advises
- Bleaching is not the beauty standard – Fuse ODG
- MTN's Digital Music conference focuses on local artistes
- Artistes paid to put my name in their songs - Appietus
- 'I never invested in Menzgold' - Okyeame Kwame
- We dated for 5 years – Adekunle Gold confirms getting married to Simi
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame