Actor Prince David Osei is not enthused about the visit by some Hollywood stars to Ghana during the festive season.
He is of the view that the stars should have engaged stakeholders in the Ghanaian creative industry to share ideas.
Ghana was recently named 4th on the CNN’s list of perfect holiday destinations in the world.
It was therefore not surprising that the spotlight was on Ghana in December 2018, when top Hollywood stars including Boris Kodjoe, Idris Elba and top model Naomi Campbell among others, visited the country.
However, Ghanaian movie actor and producer Prince David Osei does not share the raw excitement of most Ghanaians regarding the visit of these stars.
Speaking to Citi TV, the actor said, “I want to find out if the Ministry of Tourism is behind the Hollywood stars coming to Ghana, being in the creative arts and coming from the creative arts, I didn’t see when we got to interact with the so-called Hollywood stars who came to town.”
“I feel if it is a way of boosting tourism they are all in the creative arts industry, they are musicians and actors, so if they come to town we need to interact with them to share expertise and aside that we should have had a workshop. Of what benefit is it to us the actors and the musicians here in Ghana when at the end of the day we saw them at the beach having parties, popping champagne and drinking with some being enstooled as chiefs but we never got to engage them,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- The Burial of Kojo wins award at Luxor African Film Festival
- Creative arts can take Ghana to greater heights if... – George Quaye
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons