Nigerian Singers Adekunle Gold and Simi have reportedly gotten married in a private ceremony on Wednesday, January 9.
The couple is seen in a video posted on Instagram dancing at a traditional wedding.
The video posted by Wedding Digest Naija was captioned “#Simi and #AdekunleGold’s Love Chemistry is out of this world! Moments from the couple’s #tradwedding.”
The wedding is rumored to have been attended by 300 guests filled with close friends and family
Simisola Bolatito Ogunleye and Adekunle Kosoko were rumored to have been dating but had not been confirmed until they kissed on stage at Simi’s concert in Lagos.
Image: Simi and Adekunle Gold
Fans have mostly picked hints about Simi and Adekunle Gold’s couple status, particularly with their songs.
But they [fans] needed a verbal confirmation to know for sure.
However, Simi pairing with Falz to release hit love songs caused fans to speculate about a love triangle brewing between the three [Adekunle Gold, Simi, and Falz].
Image: Falz and Simi
At her December 9 concert, Gold shared backstage moments of Simi being prepped for her show.
In the video, Adekunle playfully teased Simi, praising her and making her feel on top of the world. In the comment section of the video, Simi expressed her love back, writing,
“I love you so so fucking much.”
According to an Instagram post by thenetng, the couple got engaged the same month [December] after a secret family introduction attended by family and friends.
The post read, “Did you guys hear that Simi and Adekunle Gold are now engaged? The two had a low key introduction ceremony this past weekend.”
“It was attended by only their family and close friends, and photos were not allowed to be taken.
“Wish them all the best guys! And when you see photos, remember we told you first. They are now accepting hashtag suggestions.”
The videos on the Wedding Digest Naija Instagram Page looks like they were taken secretly. Fans are yet to see official pictures of the wedding.
Watch video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- The Burial of Kojo wins award at Luxor African Film Festival
- Creative arts can take Ghana to greater heights if... – George Quaye
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons