Award-winning actress, Lydia Forson, says politicians and celebrities who were affiliated with the Menzgold brand should be blamed for the current predicaments facing the company.
According to Ms Forson, these celebrities and politicians made Menzgold look attractive to the customers leading them to invest with them.
“Here’s the thing. Menzgold ran a pretty good media campaign. The company was endorsed by high profile celebrities, the CEO rubbed shoulders with some of the most important people, including politicians in the country. Did any of these people have suspicions about the company? I’m sure they did.” Ms Forson wrote.
The “Side Chick Gang” actress also stressed that customers should not be blamed because they refused to heed to advice from the Bank of Ghana.
Nana Appiah Mensah (NAM1)
“There are so many stories surrounding this issue that I wouldn’t even know where to begin; however I’ve seen so many people blame the victims of this investment for being greedy and not heeding to BoG’s warnings, and that’s what I want to address,” she added.
Celebrities such as Becca, Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale, Kumi Guitar, Joyce Blessing, Zynel Zuh, James Gardiner and Benedicta Gafah were signed unto Zylofon Media, one of the many affiliations of the Menzgold brand, and they used their platform to advertise for the brand.
Others who endorsed MenzGold and their dealings also include Joselyn Dumas, Okyeame Kwame, Sarkodie, Jackie Appiah, among others.
Nana Appiah Mensah, a.k.a NAM 1, also, as part of a delegation, met with high profile people in the country such as the President Nana Akufo-Addo, the Asantehene Otumfuo, as well as the National Chief Imam.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons
- I won’t release any song until Mahama wins 2020 elections – Mzbel
- Video: Help stop depreciation of cedi – Samini urges gov’t