Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, a voting member of the Oscars, has expressed her displeasure towards the 2019 edition of the awards.
The Veteran actress said she is not happy that no African movie made it to the 2019 Oscars nomination list.
Omotola, who was enlisted into the voting membership of the Oscar Awards in 2018, made the disclosure in an Instagram post where she conveyed her thoughts on the nominated movies.
Although she expressed her happiness on the fact that the movies she voted were picked, the actress was more concerned that no African movie made it to the list.
“The Nominations are Out! So glad Most of the Movies I nominated made it. Next , Voting to determine the Winners!… Wasn’t So Exited No African Movie made it ! Someday soon we will Be doing this for Africans!…”
Jalade-Ekeinde isn’t the only Nigerian who was invited to join the Oscar awards voters in 2018. Femi Odugbemi, a filmmaker, was also invited.
Movies like ‘The Favourite’ and ‘Roma’ were the most nominated movies, receiving 10 each, while ‘Black Panther’ earned seven nominations.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Music Producer, Kaywa ordained man of God
- Oscars 2019: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Okyeame Kwame, wife present third edition of ‘Flaunt Your Lover’
- Let’s cast our nets wider when booking artistes for shows – Tic
- Video: Meet #empawa100 final ten artistes
- Drake buys $400,000 diamond encrusted iPhone case
- Cwesi Oteng elated to have presented latest album to Akufo-Addo
- Donald Trump retweets viral video of woman juggling football
- John Dumelo reacts to ‘predatory and gross’ hugging of Legon students
- Video/Photos: Celestine Donkor thrills in first Drive Time Live Concert
- Video: Stonebwoy to headline Independence Concert
- Video: Our leaders are selfish - Don Little
- Jussie Smollett had no role in own attack, lawyers say
- Video: Young rapper takes on politicians, police, slay queens in freestyle rap
- NYPD investigating commander accused of telling officers to shoot 50 Cent