Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, a voting member of the Oscars, has expressed her displeasure towards the 2019 edition of the awards.
The Veteran actress said she is not happy that no African movie made it to the 2019 Oscars nomination list.
Omotola, who was enlisted into the voting membership of the Oscar Awards in 2018, made the disclosure in an Instagram post where she conveyed her thoughts on the nominated movies.
Although she expressed her happiness on the fact that the movies she voted were picked, the actress was more concerned that no African movie made it to the list.
“The Nominations are Out! So glad Most of the Movies I nominated made it. Next , Voting to determine the Winners!… Wasn’t So Exited No African Movie made it ! Someday soon we will Be doing this for Africans!…”
Jalade-Ekeinde isn’t the only Nigerian who was invited to join the Oscar awards voters in 2018. Femi Odugbemi, a filmmaker, was also invited.
Movies like ‘The Favourite’ and ‘Roma’ were the most nominated movies, receiving 10 each, while ‘Black Panther’ earned seven nominations.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials
- Gospel musician arrested over HIV/AIDS cure claims
- Cardi B charged with strip club assault
- Video: Asamoah Gyan, Atsu, Owusu, others in ‘cheeky response train’
- Ghanaian TV personality to host 2019 BET Awards red carpet
- I don’t mind nude roles to serve a purpose—Ama K
- Joy FM's Cosmopolitan mix goes live with Kwanpa band
- Kalybos unveiled as ambassador for Geddit Ghana