Joy FM kicked off this year with one of the biggest party ever, the 90's Jam and has followed it with the second edition of the ever thrilling Open Mic.
The Joy FM Open Mic has always been a night for numerous talents to thrill patrons and this year’s event was no different.
If you missed it then you missed a lot.
Established and amateur performers excited patrons with their amazing talents at the +233 Jazz Bar and Grill on Friday, January 25.
For patrons, it was a night to remember as they witnessed exciting performances from poetry, spoken word, comedy, rap battles and musical performances.
The event was hosted by Ghana’s favourite and number one disc jockey, DJ Black.
Some names that performed included Six Strings, AJ Nelson, Lamisi, Kwesi Klutse, Rhymme Sonny, OB Amponsah, Lexi The Comic, Chief Moomen, and Nana Asaase.
eShun, begun her performance with ‘Medofo Pa’ by Kojo Antwi to celebrate the Music Man ahead of his performance at the jazz bar and followed it with her songs ‘I want’ and ‘Someone Loves Me’.
Cina Soul, the Kla Manye as she is known by some opened her performance with ‘Awo’ from her 2016 EP 'Metanoia'. She continued to electrify the crowd with ‘Ojorley’ and other songs from her ‘Ga Mashi’ album.
Some patrons like Z-Afuaa, a poet, Reynolds The Gentleman a singer, C-Burn a rap artiste and many others took turns to display their amazing talents.
Audience were surprised with performances from Uncle Ebo Whyte, CEO of Roverman Productions, Andrew Tandoh-Adote and Nathaniel Attoh of Joy Sports.
See photos below.
Image: Cina Soul
Image: Andrew tandoh-Adote
Watch Videos below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Tiwa Savage rents entire cinema for son to watch 'The Lion King'
- Language not a barrier in music – FRA! band
- Why we were not allowed to meet Akufo-Addo - Dark Suburb explains
- People want Miss Ghana queens to look like slay queens - Inna Patty
- Video: I’m not ugly, my mirror doesn’t tell me so - Miss Ghana 2019
- 2019 Golden Movie Awards: Full list of nominees released
- 5 honours, 26 competitive awards to be given out at 2019 Golden Movie Awards
- New video alert! - Rocky Dawuni premieres 'Elevation'
- Video: Shatta Wale explains why he is king
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'