A number of artistes from Ghana and the Diaspora will be gathered at the Round Pavilion of the Trade Fair Centre in Accra Friday for Fuse ODG’s TINA Festival.
The concert dubbed ‘Kente Party’ will display the rich African culture, including wearing Kente cloth.
In reuniting the Global African Diaspora, the Tina Festival has been part of a wider series of events over three days held at Ghana’s most iconic venues.
The much-awaited festival by United Kingdom-based Ghanaian artiste Fuse ODG started with a trip to his school at Akosombo in the Eastern Region on January 2, 2019.
At Akosombo, volunteers were invited to support Fuse ODG’s school in Akosombo which was started in 2007 by This Is New Africa (TINA) and Wood World Mission Charity.
Fuse led the team to embark on a painting and motivational speaking exercise at the school.
On January 3, 2019, there was a Global Diaspora Conference and Exhibition at the Accra International Conference Centre.
There were discussions and talks from top thought leaders from the continent on how to take Africa beyond aid and how to mobilize the sleeping giant of the Diaspora.
Speakers for the conference included Reggie Yates – BBC TV broadcaster and Ama K Abebrese – Actress, fitness coach Chaka Bars, entrepreneur Sangu Delle, broadcaster Bola Ray, and Fuse ODG.
Performing at tonight’s show are British artiste Stephanie Victoria Allen, popularly known in showbiz circles as Stefflon Don, British rapper Lethal Bizzle, Sarkodie, Kuami Eugene, Kidi, Fuse ODG, among others.
The festival will start with a day party populated with a market fair and activities, and then an evening concert with performances from the aforementioned acts.
Fuse ODG has been using his music and influence to promote Ghana and Africa in a way that has never been done before.
He is famous not only for his music and helping the rise of Afrobeats world-wide.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- The Burial of Kojo wins award at Luxor African Film Festival
- Creative arts can take Ghana to greater heights if... – George Quaye
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons