Ghana’s first Alternative Rock Band, ‘Dark Suburb’, has revealed, an incident last year at the Presidency has contributed to why they have been off the radar.
In a yet to be aired interview with Becky on EWITHBECKS show on Joy Prime, the group said they were accused of posing a security threat to the presidency.
The bandleader explained, the team had been invited to perform when the All African Music Awards (AFRIMA) team came to Ghana the first time but were told they couldn’t go to the Jubilee House with the mask on.
“The Ministry of Creative Arts and the government representative said Dark Suburb’s mask was a security issue. They added it caused a lot of panic in the band,” the leader stated.
He added, “I asked if Duff Punk came to Ghana, will you have asked them to remove their mask?”
Dark Suburb consists of anonymous talented musicians [guitarist, pianist, drummers, and singer] who wear skeleton masks as a form of identity.
The band consists of five musicians and a poet, who acts as their Chief Priest and bandleader. They have been able to combine rock with all forms of African style of music.
Watch the video below:
More Entertainment Headlines
- Danny Glover heads to Ghana for ‘Jamestown to Jamestown’
- I don’t regret investing in entertainment industry – Nana Appiah Mensah
- Gifty Anti's new title is Oheneyere FBI Dr.
- Ladies think I am a 'womaniser' - Nana Boroo
- Kumasi yearns for more of Luv FM's Corporate Groove
- How Tobi proposed to me – Becca reveals as they mark first anniversary
- Video: Thousands throng Shatta Wale, Tinny’s ‘Loud in Bukom’ concert
- Video: If police arrest you for smoking weed, just beg - Shatta Wale tells fans
- R Kelly misses court hearing in Chicago after transport mix-up
- Duchess of Sussex's TV drama Suits jokes about her royal role
- Video: Mum told me Reggie Rockstone sounded like a porn star’s name
- Van Vicker jabs Kofi Asamoah for saying blacks can't be wise as whites
- Videos/Photos: Steve Harvey visits Cape Coast Castle, gets emotional
- Nigerian comedian, Klint da Drunk involved in accident
- Video: Emotional McBrown recounts 20-year struggle to have a child