Rebecca Nana Adwoa Kwabi has been crowned Miss Ghana 2019 at the Kempiski hotel in Accra.
The 26-year-old student of Maureen Signature Institute beat 18 other contestants to win the crown.
Rebecca took home an official vehicle, one year volunteering with exclusive events Ghana/ Miss Ghana Foundation, a year platinum gym membership, the opportunity to represent Ghana at Miss World, a monthly allowance of GHC1000 and the most enviable crown.
Sarah Odei Amoani and Deborah Opoku Sarfo won the 1st and 2nd runners up respectively.
They also took home an official vehicle each, monthly allowance and one year volunteering with Exclusive Events Ghana/ Miss Ghana Foundation.
Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture Hon Barbara Oteng Gyasi
They were crowned by the Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture Hon Barbara Oteng Gyasi and the Minister of Gender, Children and Social Protection, Cynthia Morrison.
The event which was attended by dignitaries across the world and media personalities started with an introduction of the ladies from the various regions in Ghana.
Minister For Gender, Children And Social Protection, Cynthia Morrison
Rapper, Okyeame Kwame came on stage to perform his hit song “Made in Ghana” which ushered the ladies once again on stage in their beautifully designed African prints.
It got to that time of the show where nine contestants out of the 19 were evicted which was quiet difficult for their fans knowing that was the end of the road for them.
The Top ten contestants who made it to the semi-final stage
Out of the remaining 10 contestants, five moved on to the next stage of the competition after answering questions from judges on the night.
The Final 5 selected contestants
Sarah Odei-Amoani again won Beauty with a Purpose, Miss Eloquence, Miss Talent and Miss Social Media.
Rebecca Nana Adwoa Kwabi also won Miss Fitness, Miss Photogenic, Best Skin and Miss Top model whiles Miss Congeniality went to Mabel Acheamponmaa Acheampong and Most disciplined went to Veronica.
Presenter of Adom FM’s Odo Ahomaso, Akuma Mamaa Zimbi was also at the event
Miss World 2018 , Vanessa Ponce de Leon
Below are more photos from the event:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album
- Stonebwoy, Samini congratulate Shatta Wale on Beyonce feature
- 'I know my level!' - Beyoncé features Shatta Wale on new album
- Real Time channel Debuts on DStv, GOtv
- Support the arts industry – Kwesi Agyare to gov't
- Kagame – The tallest president in Africa is the shortest in his family
- Prince David Osei wins Best Actor award at African International Film Festival
- Bond: Black female actor, Lashana Lynch is next ‘007 agent
- R. Kelly expected in court on sex charges
- Movie producers collaborating is the way to go - Peter Sedufia
- Never thought I would do a song with Kojo Antwi – King Promise
- Photos: Kinaata, Mama Zimbi, Capt. Smart, others wow fans as models
- Beyoncé, Meghan Markle finally meet at 'The Lion King' premiere