Hiplife artiste, Article Wan, has advised his colleague musicians not to release songs when people's attention is focused on trending issues because they will flop.
According to him, timing is everything and when you get it right, your song will do well.
Citing several examples, Article Wan said his single, Medofo, on which he featured Kofi Mole, did not do well at the time it was released because, producer and musician, Willi Roi had died and was trending.
The Solo hitmaker also stated that a lot of musicians released songs when Ebony died in 2018 but they did not become successful because all the talk was centred on her.
A recent case for Article Wan was the recent 'beef' between Medikal and Strongman which he said took up people's attention to the extent that they did not want to listen to anything except songs from the two, making an artiste like KiDi suffer in promoting his Sugar album.
“KiDi had to plead with Ghanaians to listen to songs from his album and the insults he received on social media was terrible and this was because everyone was enjoying what was going on between Medikal and Strongman,” he said.
For Article Wan, he would prefer to release a song at a time when there are not a lot of big issues happening in the country.
“I would prefer to release a song or an album when there are no trending issues. I wouldn’t mind postponing the date for my album if an issue is likely to affect it,” he said.
Come September this year, Article Wan real name Bright Homenya, who is known for songs like That Thing, Faya Burn Dem, Are You God, Hallelujah and God Is Watching will be releasing his maiden album titled Afrosupa.
Afrosupa features some of the best musicians in Ghana and Article Wan says he is going all out to promote the album.
“I love all the songs on the album and I will do I can to promote it. There are 15 quality songs on the album and Ghanaians are going to love it,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Kinaata, Mama Zimbi, Capt. Smart, others wow fans as models
- Beyoncé, Meghan Markle finally meet at 'The Lion King' premiere
- Miss Ghana winners trend after being labelled "ugly"
- Why Yvonne Nelson won’t take up political office
- Video: Afia Pokua’s take on girls patronising ‘Mama Gee’s’ 'sexual enhancers'
- Being a first-time mum slowed me down – Yvonne Nelson
- ‘Strika' makes formal complaint against 'duping' handlers
- Support Patapaa he is talented – Kofi Kinaata
- Adom Fm Music Chart (Week 27): DopeNation tops chart with ‘Zanku’
- Video: Strika cries foul, accuses handlers of duping him
- If you are struggling in life, Stonebwoy has a song for you - Tuffseed
- Language barrier restricts my rap – Kofi Kinaata
- Davido, Chris Brown to collaborate on new song
- R. Kelly ‘arrested on federal sex charges,
- Tourism Authority partners The Multimedia Group for Miss Heritage Global