Popular illusionist and magician, Christopher Voncujovi, has expressed excitement and readiness to stun patrons at this year’s Music Magic and Comedy (MMC Live).
Voncujovi, is a professional stage illusionist, Vodu and Afa/Ifa priest who performs not only at local shows but also travels around the world to enthuse many audiences.
He belongs to the Afrikan Magick Temple, a traditional shrine that offers spiritual aid and consultation in Accra.
According to him, “the mission of the Afrikan Magick Temple is to make traditional West African spirituality accessible to anyone interested, especially the youth. We seek to awaken spiritual selves for both individual and communal benefit.
“Our project is made possible through the guidance of experienced spiritualists referred to in the Ewe language as Bokors”.
With over 20 years of practice in magical acts, Voncujovi has originated ‘Africo Hindu Magic’ - a combination of African, Indian and Western styles of magic.
This encompasses which includes the fakir style of magic, fire eating, magic with animals, playing cards, dancing on broken bottles, lifting things with his eyeballs and mind reading among others.
Sharing his experience as a great illusionist, Voncujovi, said he started his career as a teacher after which he travelled to India to study Oriental Philosophy and became a Hindu related Sanyansi (Monk).
“I was later made the Regional Priest of Bangkok Region covering Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, including Thailand, but left the Monkhood after four years to go back to my childhood fascination of becoming a great magician”, he added.
For his second time performing at MMC Live show, Christopher Voncujovi will be demonstrating never acts live at the Accra International Conference Center (AICC) on June 29.
Other performers on the evening include singers Sarkodie and Wendy Shay; comedians Acapella from Nigeria, OB Amponsah and Foster Romanus among others.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials
- Gospel musician arrested over HIV/AIDS cure claims
- Cardi B charged with strip club assault
- Video: Asamoah Gyan, Atsu, Owusu, others in ‘cheeky response train’
- Ghanaian TV personality to host 2019 BET Awards red carpet
- I don’t mind nude roles to serve a purpose—Ama K
- Joy FM's Cosmopolitan mix goes live with Kwanpa band
- Kalybos unveiled as ambassador for Geddit Ghana