A Russian star of international online poker, 26-year-old Lilya Novikova, has died of electrocution in her bath in Moscow, Russian media report.
An elderly neighbour found Novikova's body in the bath, after receiving an emergency call from Novikova's parents.
Her poker fans knew her as Lia. Reports suggest she suffered a fatal electric shock while using a hair dryer in the flat, where she lived with her parents.
She was well known on Twitch.tv, a live streaming channel for online gamers.
Russia's Investigative Committee (SK) confirmed she had been electrocuted. All the reports suggest that it was an accident.
The daily Moskovsky Komsomolets (MK) says the neighbour is a longstanding friend of Novikova's parents and has a key to the flat.
Novikova had an engineering degree from Moscow's prestigious Bauman University and besides poker she enjoyed various sports, including rowing and snowboarding.
MK reports that she also made some videos with top tips for poker fans.
The internet has become a goldmine for some talented professional poker players.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Tiwa Savage rents entire cinema for son to watch 'The Lion King'
- Language not a barrier in music – FRA! band
- Why we were not allowed to meet Akufo-Addo - Dark Suburb explains
- People want Miss Ghana queens to look like slay queens - Inna Patty
- Video: I’m not ugly, my mirror doesn’t tell me so - Miss Ghana 2019
- 2019 Golden Movie Awards: Full list of nominees released
- 5 honours, 26 competitive awards to be given out at 2019 Golden Movie Awards
- New video alert! - Rocky Dawuni premieres 'Elevation'
- Video: Shatta Wale explains why he is king
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'