Actress and ex-wife of Ghanaian international Majeed Waris believes his axing from the Black Stars final squad for AFCON 2019 was retribution for how he treated her during their marriage.
Habiba Sinare in an emotional monologue on Hitz FM described herself as a proud divorcee and alleged that she was treated like garbage by of the Porto player.
The single mother said she quit school with just a year to complete her studies in order to make her marriage to Waris work -"someone she was more educated than."
The owner of Eraniss, a make-up brand, also disclosed that her family wanted her to marry someone from her own class but she chose the Right to Dream Academy graduate.
"I don't wish him bad but as I am talking to you today he (Waris) is paying for it...I am here as a single mother and I am a very young woman but the type of responsibility this young guy has placed on my head, I laugh and walk around like I am the happiest woman in this world,” she said.
She added, "But, I bleed inside me, I cry inside me, I cry every day, I look at my child and I ask myself if I had followed my family or listened to my family because they wanted me to marry someone else but I trusted this person.”
According to her, because her family have a high status than the footballer’s, that was why her family did not approve of her marriage to him.
Habiba is the daughter of Ghana’s former Ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Saeed Sinare and the niece of veteran actress Kalsoume Sinare Baffoe.
She married Waris, who was playing for Lorient FC in the French Ligue 1 in 2017 but the marriage blessed with a son hit the rocks 16 months later.
The actress who is currently promoting the Kobi Rana-directed movie 18 premiering at the Silverbird Cinemas advised women not to marry people from a lower social standing.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told