Actor John Dumelo is advocating a concerted plan to encourage the cultivation of ‘weed’ for export.
He believes that Ghana stands to rake in billions of dollars if the country pays particular attention to exporting of marijuana.
“A lot of countries and even religious institutions are cashing in on the Marijuana trade. Here’s my take. The Ghana gov can look into setting up the farm. The marijuana will be solely for export, no local consumption,” John Dumelo said in a tweet.
The actor advocated further that, “That way Ghana can cash in on the billions of dollars. We need revenue for infrastructure, paying of salaries etc. We have all it takes to generate that. Let’s stop talking and start trading.”
This will not be the first time John Dumelo is advocating for the country to tap into the potentials of ‘weed’.
In January this year, the actor, speaking on Cooks and Braggarts, a cooking show hosted by Yvonne Okoro, he said the country can benefit more from the medicinal advantages of Marijuana after it is legalised.
“When you go to some of the Western countries, it [Marijuana] has been legalised for health purposes and we can also do same,” he stated.
He quizzed, “If alcohol and cigarettes are legal in Ghana, why not marijuana.”
Several other personalities, including Kwaw Kese, Samini and Blakk Rasta, have all called for the legalisation of marijuana.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Tiwa Savage rents entire cinema for son to watch 'The Lion King'
- Language not a barrier in music – FRA! band
- Why we were not allowed to meet Akufo-Addo - Dark Suburb explains
- People want Miss Ghana queens to look like slay queens - Inna Patty
- Video: I’m not ugly, my mirror doesn’t tell me so - Miss Ghana 2019
- 2019 Golden Movie Awards: Full list of nominees released
- 5 honours, 26 competitive awards to be given out at 2019 Golden Movie Awards
- New video alert! - Rocky Dawuni premieres 'Elevation'
- Video: Shatta Wale explains why he is king
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'