First runner up of the first edition of Adom TV's reality show, Nsromma, Nhyiraba Gideon, has disclosed his father abandoned him and his mother after his birth.
The 12-year-old who got featured on gospel songstress Celestine Donkor's latest single 'Agbebolo' meaning 'bread of life’ told Joy News' MzGee the lyrics of the song tell how Jesus Christ sustained him as a child from a poor background with no fatherly love or protection.
"This song talks a lot about me and I think it will also talk a lot about you too. I'm not from a very good background but still, the Lord has brought us far. Daddy run away after giving birth to me, I was left with mummy who is a trader," he said.
Nhyiraba Gideon who describes the opportunity to sing alongside Celestine Donkor as a "great privilege" also added, he is not perturbed about the absence of Dad.
When MzGee asked if his current status has given his father reasons to locate him, Nhyiraba said: "no, I haven't but I feel normal."
Watch interview below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album