The Adjabeng District Court has ordered police prosecutors to file all the documents they intend to rely on for the trial of dancehall artistes, Livingstone Etse Satekla, aka Stonebwoy and Charles Nii Armah Mensah, popularly called Shatta Wale, before July 15, 2019.
This was after the prosecution led by Superintended Emelia Asante told the court that they have filed some of the documents and needed time to file the rest.
According to her, the state intended to call four prosecution witnesses for the trial of the two musicians.
Superintendent Asante told the court presided over Isaac Addo that they have so far filed the witness statements and exhibits of three out of the four witnesses and were yet to file that of the last witness.
She, therefore, prayed the court to adjourn the matter to enable them file the remaining documents.
The court then ordered the state to file the documents before July 15, 2019.
The case was subsequently adjourned to July 16.
Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy were in May 2019 hauled before the Adjabeng Magistrate Court in Accra for their involvement in the chaos that disrupted this year’s Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA).
The two have been charged with offensive conduct conducive to breach of the peace, and Stonebwoy is facing another charge of displaying weapon in a public place without permission.
They all pleaded not guilty to the charges levelled against them.
They were each granted bail in the sum of Gh¢50,000.00 by the court, presided over by Isaac Addo, with one surety.
The two accused persons being prosecuted by Superintendent Asante were also cautioned by the court to be of good behaviour.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony