Reggae/dancehall singer, Patoranking in the early days of his career described his brand of music as ‘a morally inclined variation of dance-hall music’.
However, in the music videos of some of his songs including ‘Girlie O’ and ‘Daniella Whine’ nudity abounds, contradicting his earlier statement.
In a chat with Showtime, the versatile singer born Patrick Nnaemeka Okorie said he sees music as a spirit and painting hence chooses the content of his videos accordingly.
“Like all paintings, it contains uncountable colours and different expressions explain the vibe it has. So, also these listed songs were for the portrayal of the vibe behind the inspiration of the songs,” Patoranking said.
For some of the songs, the ‘Love You Die’ hitmaker said the feminine interpretations of rhythm was chosen to express the vibes in the song which centred on dance.
“I chose the physical feminine expression of it to connect with my female fans as well as appreciate how cool they interpret sounds and rhythm,” he explained.
Speaking about his music sojourn since he gained stardom, he said, “It’s been a hard journey naturally, as nothing comes easy, but most importantly; it’s been one of thorough self-growth and lessons.”
Patoranking stated although the journey is not complete, he is also aware that he has come a long way from where he started “I’m super grateful for that. It’s been an adventure and I’m looking forward to more milestones.”
Patoranking added that the long duration he had to wait for before gaining stardom challenged him to become successful.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album
- Stonebwoy, Samini congratulate Shatta Wale on Beyonce feature
- 'I know my level!' - Beyoncé features Shatta Wale on new album
- Real Time channel Debuts on DStv, GOtv
- Support the arts industry – Kwesi Agyare to gov't
- Kagame – The tallest president in Africa is the shortest in his family
- Prince David Osei wins Best Actor award at African International Film Festival
- Bond: Black female actor, Lashana Lynch is next ‘007 agent
- R. Kelly expected in court on sex charges
- Movie producers collaborating is the way to go - Peter Sedufia
- Never thought I would do a song with Kojo Antwi – King Promise