A group of young men have been living their dream of reviving the country’s signature music; highlife!
Palmwine music, the speciality of Kwanpa band, created in 2017 brings back memories of the age where grandfathers were hip when it came to music.
With Asa on guitar, Kwabena Safo on the Gumi the square bass drum, Kojo Baah with auxiliary percussions and Kwame on the Kpanlogo, authentic palm wine highlife music comes to life.
The group which won the "Traditional Artiste" of the year award at the 2019 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) is in the studios of Joy FM today to perform some of their music live.
Watch the group perform live on Joy FM.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album
- Stonebwoy, Samini congratulate Shatta Wale on Beyonce feature
- 'I know my level!' - Beyoncé features Shatta Wale on new album
- Real Time channel Debuts on DStv, GOtv
- Support the arts industry – Kwesi Agyare to gov't
- Kagame – The tallest president in Africa is the shortest in his family
- Prince David Osei wins Best Actor award at African International Film Festival
- Bond: Black female actor, Lashana Lynch is next ‘007 agent
- R. Kelly expected in court on sex charges
- Movie producers collaborating is the way to go - Peter Sedufia
- Never thought I would do a song with Kojo Antwi – King Promise