Ghanaian hip hop artiste, Osei Kwaku Vincent, has stated that he would want the beef between him and colleague rapper, Medikal, to end.
The rapper whose stage name is Strongman Burner made this remark on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix Monday.
According to Strongman, the industry got interesting during the beef, but he would want himself and his colleague to focus on their music.
“We don’t need to keep this beef going on… I am not tired but we need to focus on the music,” he told Joy News’ Mamavi Owusu Aboagye during the interview.
The feud between the rappers started after Medikal’s tweet generated a frenzy on social media. In the tweet, he claimed he saved Ghana’s rap from dying four years ago. Some artistes disagreed.
Strongman called Medikal’s statement bogus. He said he was shocked that Medikal won for Best Rapper of the Year at this year’s Vodafone Ghana Music Awards. Strongman said he didn’t understand why the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Board failed to nominate him for ‘Best Rapper of the Year’ after he released an ‘album’ he believed was good enough to earn him the ‘Best Rapper of the Year’.
He further asked Medikal to stop bragging.
The “Omo ada” hitmaker, Medikal, privately known as Samuel Adu Frimpong, didn't take it lightly and replied Strongman with a diss track titled “To Whom it May Concern”. He said he had indeed saved the rap game for four years, and if Strongman did not understand that, he should go and burn the sea.
Strongman then replied with another track the next day titled “Don't try” and hit Medikal hard. The ex-Sarkcess rapper called himself a senior in the rap industry. He again claimed Medikal wouldn’t have made hit songs if not for the controversies he created to stay relevant in the industry.
Social media fans and celebrities are keen on knowing who would win the feud. But currently, Strongman seems to be leading as some celebrities such Yvonne Nelson and Prince David Osei are on his side.
Strongman Burner stated that he had received calls from colleagues in the industry who advised him to calm down and lie low: advice he is taking seriously.
Strongman Burner is now working alone and has just released a track titled “crazy for you”.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album
- Stonebwoy, Samini congratulate Shatta Wale on Beyonce feature
- 'I know my level!' - Beyoncé features Shatta Wale on new album
- Real Time channel Debuts on DStv, GOtv
- Support the arts industry – Kwesi Agyare to gov't
- Kagame – The tallest president in Africa is the shortest in his family
- Prince David Osei wins Best Actor award at African International Film Festival
- Bond: Black female actor, Lashana Lynch is next ‘007 agent