Award-winning Nigerian comedian, MC Acapella, has stated his eagerness to dazzle patrons at this year’s Music Magic and Comedy (MMC Live) show at the Accra International Conference Center (AICC).
“Comedy is basically generated from everyday life happenings and this is what I do on a daily basis. I bet Accra fans will have the time of their lives when I take the stage this weekend,” the comic actor with over 17 years said.
MC Acapella was named the winner of the famous AY Open Mic Challenge and he is the producer and owns one of the biggest gospel comedy show in Africa; ‘Acapella Live in Comedy Goes to Church’.
He said the ‘Acapella Live in Comedy Goes to Church’ is a brand which creates a platform for young people to grow and unleash their talents.
“Through this project, we’ve had the likes of Chimara, Damola, Kenny Black, Still Ringing and Handsome the Mimic emerging in the entertainment space.
“These are guys that came out through the brand, and we believe that as we grow, other comedians will be discovered. I promote originality and when I see young guys who are really talented, trust me, I provide the platform to them,” he said.
Acapella added that “the kind of content and hype surrounding the entertainment industry in Ghana at the moment foretells a massive growth and the next 5 years might even just be too long for its manifestation.”
Speaking about how he gets his punchy lines, he said, “Comedy comes to me easily and naturally and I am happy God uses me to let people forget their worries.”
The 2019 edition of MMC Live show, will be hosting the talented comedian and his Ghanaian counterparts; OB Amponsah and Foster Romanus.
Other performers include musicians - Sarkodie, the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) artiste of the decade and Wendy Shay; VGMA new artiste of the year.
Voncudjovi is the magician for the night.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony