Music duo R2Bees have made it for the first time to the Billboard charts with their new album “Site 15.”
The fifteen-track album made its debut at number 10 two weeks after its release.
This fifth album of the hip-hop/hiplife group features Nigeria’s Wizkid, Burna Boy, King Promise and other artistes.
Site 15 apart from focusing heavily on love and relationships, R2Bees used the album to introduce the world to different up and coming artistes through the song ‘Boys Kasa’.
The ‘Boys Kasa’ song, which trended for weeks on social media, featured underground artistes including B4Bonah, Sinbad, RJZ, Humble Dis, Spacely.
R2Bees have become the eighth Ghanaian act to debut in the Billboard charts.
The other acts include Osibisa, Rocky Dawuni, Shatta Wale, Fuse ODG, Stonebwoy, Wiyaala and Samini.
The group took to their Twitter page to thank fans for their support after posting a screenshot of their position.
Twitter user @KilmanjaroABC wrote, “the Site 15 album is fire.”
@chorkormatse congratulated the duo writing, “congratulations guys we are proud of you.”
@DannyCliff6 thought the group is really selling the Ghanaian music, he wrote “we are really proud u guys are taking GH music to a different level,” added.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- The Burial of Kojo wins award at Luxor African Film Festival
- Creative arts can take Ghana to greater heights if... – George Quaye
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons