Boiler Room x Ballantine's have announced Accra, Ghana as the next stop for True Music Africa, a tour that unearths pioneering true music artistes and their stories of doing it for themselves in the underground music scene.
Ghana is a first for Boiler Room and Ballantine's True Music Africa which has previously toured South Africa, Cameroon and Kenya and has given a global platform to some of the freshest talent the continent has to offer.
Broadcasting their performances to an audience of more than 17 million around the world, True Music Africa shares artistes’ insights and experiences of their local music scenes via a compelling documentary series.
In a music scene that’s currently booming, where young, ambitious Ghanaian artistes are becoming inspirational stars, True Music Africa will welcome a killer line-up of the country’s most exciting, independent artists for another incredible show at a secret location on Saturday, March 23.
Bringing together some of the biggest artists pushing Ghana's buzzing hip-hop, rap, trap andR&B scenes forward, the line-up includes Kwesi Arthur, La Meme Gang, Amaarae, DJ Mic Smith and Vision DJ.
Boiler Room x Ballantine’s are committed to supporting and celebrating uncompromising artistes who do it 'their way'.
With their True Music platform, the partnership champions artistes with a perseverant spirit and challenges them to continue pushing boundaries.
Boiler Room's Chief Business Development Officer, Steven Appleyard said of the project: “We are tremendously excited to take True Music Africa to Accra, Ghana. This will be the first time we have touched down in the country, a place whose rich musical heritage has influenced a new wave of fresh young talent re-working hip-hop, trap, rap and R&B.
“We couldn't be more excited to be pushing the sounds of these artists to our audience and showing them what's happening in this special part of the world.”
Ballantine's Head of Music, Tom Elton added: “With True Music Africa we've been able to explore some of the continent's most vibrant and diverse music scenes and share them with the world. There's a real buzz and energy around the continent right now which is why we're so excited to head to Accra, somewhere our tour has never been before and see what this energy is bringing to their local scene. It feels like the perfect time to be able to shine a light on Ghana's fantastic young independent talent and there's no better partner to do this with than Boiler Room.”
Boiler Room x Ballantine's True Music Africa follows the success of recent global True Music projects, including last year’s Hybrid Sounds tour.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah
- AFCON 2019: Fuse ODG to perform at closing ceremony
- Kevin Spacey: Massachusetts prosecutors drop sex assault case
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album
- Stonebwoy, Samini congratulate Shatta Wale on Beyonce feature
- 'I know my level!' - Beyoncé features Shatta Wale on new album
- Real Time channel Debuts on DStv, GOtv