Miss Ghana queen for 2010, Stephanie Karikari and others have been dragged to an Accra High Court by Inna Mariam Patty and Exclusive Events Ghana Limited (EEGL).
Inna, who is also Miss Ghana 2004 winner and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of EEGL, in a lawsuit available to the media says she is seeking to clear her name of allegations by the ex-queens that she has turned the Miss Ghana pageant into an “escort agency”.
In December 2017, three former winners of the Miss Ghana pageant painted a gloomy picture of the beauty event, alleging that they were pimped by the organisers.
Stephanie Karikari (left), Antoinette Kemavor (middle) and Giusepinna Barfi
The queens - Stephanie Karikari (Miss Ghana 2010), Antoinette Delali Kemavor Miss (Ghana 2015) and Giuseppina Nana Akua Baafi (Miss Ghana 2013) - spoke to entertainment website Ghanacelebrities.com and claimed they were sometimes pimped to raise money to support the pageant run by Inna Mariam Patty and Exclusive Event Ghana.
Inna had subsequently denied the allegations, but she is also in court to seek a legal redress of the matter to clear her name and the bad image the queens created about the very Miss Ghana brand.
The others captured in the lawsuit in addition to the above-mentioned queens are Margaret Kuma-Minta (Miss Ghana 2013 first runner-up), Chris Vincent and Ghanacelebrities.com.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 24): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ makes it to the top
- Court orders police to file Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale trial documents
- Patoranking explains why he allows nudity in videos
- Cuba Gooding Jr. rants about groping allegations
- D-Black drops much anticipated ‘Smoke & Mirrors’ EP
- Video: My mom and I were abandoned by my father – Nsromma star
- It will be difficult going back to school – Kuami Eugene
- I’m a shopaholic, I need prayers – Jackie Appiah
- Abraham Attah to star in Birdman’s film
- Lena Headey didn’t like Cersei’s ‘Game of Thrones’ death scene
- Girlfriends, side-chicks of Black Stars players should be allowed into their camp – Mzbel
- Duchess Meghan nominated for World Fashion Award
- Video: Do politics if you want Ghana to move forward – A Plus
- Pushing foreign genres will not sell Ghana - Mikki Osei Berko to artistes
- “You can’t be serious” - Kwesi Arthur's dad reacts to his plan to marry at 35