Since the nomination list for this year's Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) was released, critics have been expressing their opinions on the nominees.
While some are happy, others believe there are some artistes who did not deserve to be nominated. One of such names that have come up is female Dancehall artiste, AK Songstress.
For some critics, the dancehall musician did not do enough in the year under review to be nominated.
But AK Songstress has asked her critics to keep quiet because she deserves everything that she has received.
“I know I worked hard under the year of review and if I have been nominated, it only means that my works are being recognised and I just do not get why people think I do not deserve it.
"It amazes me, do they have any idea of the work that goes into my production, the shows I have graced. Anyway, in short, I deserve it,” she said.
AK Songstress is up against Samini, Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale and Epixode in the Reggae/Dancehall Artiste category.
Talking about what the nomination means to her, AK Songstress said, “it means something good, this is not the first time I am being nominated in this award scheme but for this particular category, it is new and means a lot to me.”
AK Songstress added she may be the only female in the Reggae/Dancehall Artiste category, but the nomination is for all women.
"I am the only female in that particular category and it is huge too, so this is for us and we have to get it. Let us come out in our numbers and vote,” she stated.
AK Songstress is signed to Paradise Entertainment and is known for songs like Dangerous, Pace Setter, Rock Your Body, Funky Fresh and Party.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Kofi Kinaata advises against illegal fishing in new song
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory
- VGMA brawl: There is silver lining in the fracas – Francis Doku
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl
- Gov't to meet Shatta, Stonebwoy over feud – Tourism Minister
- Charterhouse disappointed after giving Shatta Wale a chance – CEO
- Creative Arts Ministry 'failed' to stop Shatta Wale Stonebwoy brawl - Minister
- VGMA@20: Stonebwoy not emotionally balanced to own gun - Sefa Kayi
- VGMA@20: MUSIGA condemns 'shameful behaviour' of Shata Wale, Stonebwoy
- VGMA@20 clash: Stonebwoy may be biggest loser – Ameyaw Debrah
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale have dented dancehall culture- Ambassador