The attention and social media hype given to ‘Daavi Neba’ by Kawoula Biov has aided in the song topping the week 18’s list.
The song debut at number five in week 17, the highest debut for a song on the chart in 2019.
‘Daavi Neba’ featuring Patapaa, took the internet by storm after the #Skopatumana challenge went viral.
This song has sent social media into a frenzy with people posting videos of themselves trying to sing Patapaa’s verse.
At number two is Stonebwoy’s ‘Kpo Keke’. The song had taken over the chart in week 17 after losing the position in week nine.
Due to the people’s love for the song, it has managed to stay in the top five.
The song which features Medikal, DarkoVibes, Kelvyn Boy and Kwesi Arthur has topped the charts seven times making it the highest topped song on the chart.
‘Omo Ada’ by Medikal comes in after ‘Kpo Keke’ with six leads on the chart. The song by Medikal is at number three this week.
At number four is ‘Jama’ by DJ Mic Smith featuring Patoranking and Shaker is at number three.
Making its first appearance on the chart is ‘Shuga’ by Stonebwoy featuring Jamaica’s Beenie Man.
The song since its release in April has been loved by many but other people have accused Stonebwoy of stealing lyrics from Shatta Wale’s ‘Strongman’.
‘W’asue Me’ by Obaapa Christy has been pushed to number six.
Okyeame Kwame’s ‘Bra’ is at number seven. This song is one of the songs on the rappers ‘Made In Ghana’ album. The album launched in April, has 10 songs representing the former 10 regions of Ghana.
The artiste in an interview said, he took sounds associated with each region to create the songs.
‘Nothing I get’ by Fameye is number eight.
At number nine is ‘Don’t Be Late’ by Kofi Mole.
Ohemaa Mercy’s ‘Onim Me’ is staying strong at the tenth spot.
‘Mr. Badman’ by KiDi has dropped to the eleventh position.
For its third appearance on the charts, ‘Bad Energy’ by Guru featuring Kwesi Swat has moved up two steps up to the 12th spot.
DJ Vyrusky’s ‘Baby’, has fallen to number 13 from 12. The song features Shatta Wale, KiDi and Kuami Eugene.
At number 14 is Samini’s ‘Rainbow’.
‘Sure’ by Opanka featuring Adina is at number 15, maintain its position last week.
‘No More’ by Kuami Eugene featuring Sarkodie for its second week on the chart is at number 16, four steps up from number 20.
The song won over fans and garnered 100,000 views few hours after its release.
Fancy Gadam’s ‘Only You’ featuring Kuami Eugene is staying at number 17.
Another song debuting on the chart at number 18 is ‘Nobody’ by Kwesi Arthur and Mr Eazi. The song which is on Kwesi Arthur’s LFNKII was released some days before the album dropped. The video for the song caught more attention from fans because it starred Efia Odo, who had previously expressed interest in the rapper.
‘Pilolo’ by Guilty Beatz, Mr Eazi and Kwesi Arthur has dropped three positions to number 19.
‘Problem’ by Nautyca featuring Akwaboah is making its first appearance on the chart at number 20.
A moment of silence for the songs which have left the board, ‘Chochomucho’ by Bless featuring Kofi Kinaata, ‘Strong Bond’ by DJ Bridash featuring Yaw Berk and King Maaga and Dada Hafco’s ‘Fall Down’.
Though they are good, the competition is getting higher, hotter and better every single day.
Join Andy Dosty this and every Saturday at 12:30 pm, on the Adom Chart Show on Adom FM, to find out if ‘Daavi Neba’ will still hold on to number one or be dragged down.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I still love Shatta Wale but... – Sarkodie on complicated relationship
- See alleged killer of Chris Attoh’s wife
- Shatta Wale’s mother replies Okraku Mantey over Shatta’s conduct
- VGMA@20 clash: Shatta Wale’s father discloses why he climbed the stage
- Shatta Wale is an attention seeker, doesn’t know his limits – Okraku Mantey
- Baako sees silver lining in Stonebwoy-Shatta Wale brawl
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco