‘Young King of the North’ Fancy Gadam has won the Most Promising Entertainer award at 37th edition of the International Reggae and World Music Awards (IRAWMA).
The event, which took place at the Pegasus Hotel in Kingston, Jamaica on May 11, saw a host of global reggae icons grace the occasion.
Fancy Gadam beat other international acts like Koffee, Kabaka Pyramid, Motto-St Lucia, and Dalton Harris to win in that category.
Other Ghanaian acts nominated were Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale.
Established in 1982, the purpose of IRAWMA is to acknowledge and honour the accomplishments and contributions of Reggae and world music artists, including songwriters, performers, promoters and musicians.
Produced by Martin’s International, the IRAWMA has been staged in many major cities including Atlanta, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, New Orleans, New York as well as Port of Spain, Trinidad and both Montego Bay and Ocho Rios in Jamaica.
The motivation behind the IRAWMA is its commitment to promoting greater participation and acceptance of Reggae, the Caribbean and World Music, Internationally.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ghanaian delegation in Spain for Vis-a-Vis Festival
- Video: Strika's handler hands over ¢40,000 to actor
- Shatta Wale to tour with Beyoncé
- We didn’t pitch any material to get selected – Bulldog opens up about Beyoncé-Shatta collab
- Milk this opportunity, it's not about ‘pah pah’ anymore – Shatta Wale told
- Shatta Wale trends #1 in Ghana, 8 worldwide after Beyonce feature news
- Celebs, fans react to news on Shatta Wale, GuiltyBeatz’s feature with Beyonce
- GuiltyBeatz produces 3 songs on Beyonce's 'The Lion King: The Gift' album
- Stonebwoy, Samini congratulate Shatta Wale on Beyonce feature
- 'I know my level!' - Beyoncé features Shatta Wale on new album
- Real Time channel Debuts on DStv, GOtv
- Support the arts industry – Kwesi Agyare to gov't
- Kagame – The tallest president in Africa is the shortest in his family
- Prince David Osei wins Best Actor award at African International Film Festival
- Bond: Black female actor, Lashana Lynch is next ‘007 agent