‘Young King of the North’ Fancy Gadam has won the Most Promising Entertainer award at 37th edition of the International Reggae and World Music Awards (IRAWMA).
The event, which took place at the Pegasus Hotel in Kingston, Jamaica on May 11, saw a host of global reggae icons grace the occasion.
Fancy Gadam beat other international acts like Koffee, Kabaka Pyramid, Motto-St Lucia, and Dalton Harris to win in that category.
Other Ghanaian acts nominated were Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale.
Established in 1982, the purpose of IRAWMA is to acknowledge and honour the accomplishments and contributions of Reggae and world music artists, including songwriters, performers, promoters and musicians.
Produced by Martin’s International, the IRAWMA has been staged in many major cities including Atlanta, Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, New Orleans, New York as well as Port of Spain, Trinidad and both Montego Bay and Ocho Rios in Jamaica.
The motivation behind the IRAWMA is its commitment to promoting greater participation and acceptance of Reggae, the Caribbean and World Music, Internationally.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: VGMA@20 - Ebony still reigns, no Artiste of the Year for 2019
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme
- You can be a star today but a criminal tomorrow - Gemann to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale plead not guilty, granted ¢50k bail each
- Ex-Doe feels vindicated over Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale brawl
- It will be illogical for me to deliberately ruin VGMA@20 – Shatta Wale
- 3 Wills purportedly written by Aretha Franklin found in her home
- Video: Kofi Kinaata advises against illegal fishing in new song
- VGMA@20: Call for prosecution of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy alone not right – Mr Logic
- What the law says: Use of guns, riotous behaviour - Case of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- BET Int celebrates Sarkodie’s Artiste of the Decade victory