Father of rapper Kwesi Arthur has said he feared the rapper in his early years would be addicted to gambling.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, Mr Danso Arthur stated the rapper and his brothers, were usually found at gaming centres which also doubled as gambling spots.
“I did not like it when they used up their leisure time at game centres. I was not against them playing games but they falling prey to gambling,” he told Andy Dosty host of the show.
Mr Arthur explained Kwesi Arthur would get into trouble because his elder brother would take him to a game centre.
“When I catch them (Kwesi and his brothers) at the game centres, they know what I do. I did not use a cane in my house but a leather belt and that put some fear in them,” Mr Arthur said.
Kwesi Arthur in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, on Monday, admitted he usually skipped church to play games with his friends.
Mr Arthur stated because of some of the principles and fear instilled in Kwesi, “he is “a refined young man now.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Eyram is winner of 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'
- Spanish hosts dance to highlife songs by Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue band
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons