Father of rapper Kwesi Arthur has said he feared the rapper in his early years would be addicted to gambling.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, Mr Danso Arthur stated the rapper and his brothers, were usually found at gaming centres which also doubled as gambling spots.
“I did not like it when they used up their leisure time at game centres. I was not against them playing games but they falling prey to gambling,” he told Andy Dosty host of the show.
Mr Arthur explained Kwesi Arthur would get into trouble because his elder brother would take him to a game centre.
“When I catch them (Kwesi and his brothers) at the game centres, they know what I do. I did not use a cane in my house but a leather belt and that put some fear in them,” Mr Arthur said.
Kwesi Arthur in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, on Monday, admitted he usually skipped church to play games with his friends.
Mr Arthur stated because of some of the principles and fear instilled in Kwesi, “he is “a refined young man now.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA brawl: There is silver lining in the fracas – Francis Doku
- VGMA@20 brawl: Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale granted bail
- We need to change narrative – Sarkodie speaks on support for industry
- VGMA@20: Celebrities react to Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy brawl
- Gov't to meet Shatta, Stonebwoy over feud – Tourism Minister
- Charterhouse disappointed after giving Shatta Wale a chance – CEO
- Creative Arts Ministry 'failed' to stop Shatta Wale Stonebwoy brawl - Minister
- VGMA@20: Stonebwoy not emotionally balanced to own gun - Sefa Kayi
- VGMA@20: MUSIGA condemns 'shameful behaviour' of Shata Wale, Stonebwoy
- VGMA@20 clash: Stonebwoy may be biggest loser – Ameyaw Debrah
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale have dented dancehall culture- Ambassador
- A nominee breached security protocol – Charterhouse explains VGMA brawl
- 'We got lucky this time' – Lydia Forson on VGMA brawl
- Stonebwoy explains why he pulled a gun on stage
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy in police custody over VGMA brawl