Dancehall and reggae artiste, Stonebwoy has commended Vodafone Ghana for its unprecedented commitment to the music industry in Ghana.
Vodafone has been very active in its support of the music industry since it began operations in Ghana in 2008.
The company's headline sponsorship of the Ghana Music Awards enters its ninth year on the 18th of this month and already artistes and producers are positioning themselves to grab several awards.
Vodafone has also been instrumental in unearthing several musical talents through its flagship Vodafone Icons music reality show. Other musical platforms, including 020 - Live and the Africa Legends Night, all receive great support from the telecom company.
Commenting during a courtesy call on the new Vodafone Chief Executive, Stonebwoy said the company's contribution has been tremendous over the years and it is a testament to their love for Ghanaian music.
He added that it is refreshing to see the appointment of a Ghanaian Chief Executive for the company.
CEO, Patricia Obo-Nai, speaking during the visit, said: "Our support for the music industry ties in with what our brand represents - which is ensuring an exciting future for our customers and stakeholders. Going forward, it is our hope that we will continue to enhance our commitment and help put Ghana music on the international map."
Stonebwoy was in the company of some executives of his team, including his Marketing Manager.
The star has been nominated for six awards at the upcoming Vodafone Ghana Music Awards event, which takes place on May 18th, 2019 at the Accra International Conference centre.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Kinaata, Mama Zimbi, Capt. Smart, others wow fans as models
- Beyoncé, Meghan Markle finally meet at 'The Lion King' premiere
- Miss Ghana winners trend after being labelled "ugly"
- Why Yvonne Nelson won’t take up political office
- Video: Afia Pokua’s take on girls patronising ‘Mama Gee’s’ 'sexual enhancers'
- Being a first-time mum slowed me down – Yvonne Nelson
- ‘Strika' makes formal complaint against 'duping' handlers
- Support Patapaa he is talented – Kofi Kinaata
- Adom Fm Music Chart (Week 27): DopeNation tops chart with ‘Zanku’
- Video: Strika cries foul, accuses handlers of duping him
- If you are struggling in life, Stonebwoy has a song for you - Tuffseed
- Language barrier restricts my rap – Kofi Kinaata
- Davido, Chris Brown to collaborate on new song
- R. Kelly ‘arrested on federal sex charges,
- Tourism Authority partners The Multimedia Group for Miss Heritage Global