Dancehall and reggae artiste, Stonebwoy has commended Vodafone Ghana for its unprecedented commitment to the music industry in Ghana.
Vodafone has been very active in its support of the music industry since it began operations in Ghana in 2008.
The company's headline sponsorship of the Ghana Music Awards enters its ninth year on the 18th of this month and already artistes and producers are positioning themselves to grab several awards.
Vodafone has also been instrumental in unearthing several musical talents through its flagship Vodafone Icons music reality show. Other musical platforms, including 020 - Live and the Africa Legends Night, all receive great support from the telecom company.
Commenting during a courtesy call on the new Vodafone Chief Executive, Stonebwoy said the company's contribution has been tremendous over the years and it is a testament to their love for Ghanaian music.
He added that it is refreshing to see the appointment of a Ghanaian Chief Executive for the company.
CEO, Patricia Obo-Nai, speaking during the visit, said: "Our support for the music industry ties in with what our brand represents - which is ensuring an exciting future for our customers and stakeholders. Going forward, it is our hope that we will continue to enhance our commitment and help put Ghana music on the international map."
Stonebwoy was in the company of some executives of his team, including his Marketing Manager.
The star has been nominated for six awards at the upcoming Vodafone Ghana Music Awards event, which takes place on May 18th, 2019 at the Accra International Conference centre.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme
- You can be a star today but a criminal tomorrow - Gemann to Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy
- Cardi B postpones concert over plastic surgery woes
- Newly crowned 'Artiste of the Decade' gives artistes lessons on self-control